Portable ground blinds

Looking at different portable ground blinds . 2 man muzzleloader whitetail hunting . Would also consider 3 sided open blind (almost preferred)vs completly enclosed . What has been everyones experience ? Like /dislikes ? Thanks

Cady Creek

Lil-Rokslider
We use almost all Ameristep or Barronett Hub blinds. Pretty close to created equal, although I think some models of the Barronett have quite a bit more room. And I can't remember the exact model but I always reach for the Barronett with the zipperless door over the others. IMO that's the most important feature. Not sure if Ameristep makes a zipperless door, but zippers suck whitetail hunting. There's plenty of models of both to choose from depending on price point. In fact the Primos Double Bull is the cadillac now I believe, but with a 500 dollar price tag. A little rich for my blood, but you get a 300' view and wider doors lol

I bought a barronett big cat this year, wanted to be able to sit with my son. Worked out great! Brought a buddy heater with since our deer season can get chilly and also used little spring clamps for the window covers to make opening them easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a muddy portable a couple years back for archery turkey. Set it up this year for the youth deer season to hunt with my son. Had plenty of room for both of us & was really nice with a buddy heater setup in there on the cold mornings.

Never tried one of these Tidewe blinds before this is a pretty good price...

WCB

WKR
Primos Double Bull....have a few of them never had an issue.

My buddies have some Tidwew...they leave a lot to be desired. After a couple years of sticking them in brush and frozen into snow for a week or so while hunting late season they show WAY more wear than my Double Bulls in the same condition.

Kindo

WKR
I picked up a muddy portable a couple years back for archery turkey. Set it up this year for the youth deer season to hunt with my son. Had plenty of room for both of us & was really nice with a buddy heater setup in there on the cold mornings.

Never tried one of these Tidewe blinds before this is a pretty good price...

Probably going to catch some flak on this but it is what it is!

I ordered a double TideWe blind last spring to take my kids turkey hunting. They’re little yet so it’s tough to see out the blind when it’s closed up. The see through aspect has been great for them. I can either have one big blind when I take my kids and their friends out or I can split into two separate blinds.

Now, they’re def made in china or someplace similar so the quality won’t match that of a double bull, as they are, the Cadillac of the blinds. Overall, it’s been solid. I probably wouldn’t leave it outside for weeks or months on end though.

Mine unfortunately came without some of the poles in the reinforced sleeves, so when my bro in law got his vest stuck on the door, it popped a pole out the corner.

I emailed tidewe about the issue and what would be the best way to sew up/repair that corner. Instead, they just replaced the whole blind for me and apologized for the inconvenience. Which is not what I was expecting. The blind material itself is kind of weird and I really just wanted to know if I should glue or stitch or combine the two ideas to fix the dang thing.

Anyways, I’ve been more than pleased with mine despite it being made in China. Its light weight, collapses and sets up easy, has been durable in the wind and is great for the kids.

its a bit more cramped in size as far as height goes but I’m usually sitting down with the kids anyways.

Agross

WKR
I picked up a tidewe not too long ago. I wasn’t expecting much at all and was quite skeptical, but for $110 I figured I’d give it a shot. I actually really like it . The see through sides are pretty slick and the one I got has no zippers or Velcro that make noise.

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
That's good info on the Tidewe Kindo & Agross. I think for the price, I just may give one of these a shot. Always wanted to try one of these see through blinds.

Weldor

WKR
I have a older Cabela's it's big . 2 guys no problem. Just about 6ft or better tall and 6ft x 6ft base with screen windows and full windows. Takes about 2 minutes to put up and take down.

Attachments

• blind.jpg
    blind.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
Probably going to catch some flak on this but it is what it is!

I ordered a double TideWe blind last spring to take my kids turkey hunting. They’re little yet so it’s tough to see out the blind when it’s closed up. The see through aspect has been great for them. I can either have one big blind when I take my kids and their friends out or I can split into two separate blinds.

Now, they’re def made in china or someplace similar so the quality won’t match that of a double bull, as they are, the Cadillac of the blinds. Overall, it’s been solid. I probably wouldn’t leave it outside for weeks or months on end though.

Mine unfortunately came without some of the poles in the reinforced sleeves, so when my bro in law got his vest stuck on the door, it popped a pole out the corner.

I emailed tidewe about the issue and what would be the best way to sew up/repair that corner. Instead, they just replaced the whole blind for me and apologized for the inconvenience. Which is not what I was expecting. The blind material itself is kind of weird and I really just wanted to know if I should glue or stitch or combine the two ideas to fix the dang thing.

Anyways, I’ve been more than pleased with mine despite it being made in China. Its light weight, collapses and sets up easy, has been durable in the wind and is great for the kids.

its a bit more cramped in size as far as height goes but I’m usually sitting down with the kids anyways.
Howdy neighbor!

The TideWe blinds look interesting - surprised that I can't find a weight listed anywhere. Know what it weighs?

Cheers and Gobble Gobble!

Wheels

WKR
I have a Double Bull that has 270* see thru mesh. It’s a nice concept but I bought the blackout cover for 1 side, you can see into the blind in some lighting conditions. Nice blind, but the exterior of the see thru sides is very shiny so you have to brush it well. On sale I think I got it under $300.