Possibly hanging up my longbow this season

Well, ended up having a small accident today at work. Unloading a bull for slaughter and he decided to try and go under the trailer gate. Knocked me back in the air about 10 feet. I came down hard on my back, elbow, and back of my head. 4 staples later and my bow arm in a sling for a fractured elbow. I’ll see how the healing goes first but I will probably need to pull my old compound out and turn it down. Hope to be back shooting by mid to late August. I have an amazing elk hunt to go on I drew out for.

Attachments

• IMG_6632.jpeg
    IMG_6632.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6635.jpeg
    IMG_6635.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 31

Geewhiz

WKR
Rough break man. I wish you a speedy recovery. Although trad gear is obviously the way to go, some guys can still manage to get it done with training wheels on their bows. ;)

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
Well, ended up having a small accident today at work. Unloading a bull for slaughter and he decided to try and go under the trailer gate. Knocked me back in the air about 10 feet. I came down hard on my back, elbow, and back of my head. 4 staples later and my bow arm in a sling for a fractured elbow. I’ll see how the healing goes first but I will probably need to pull my old compound out and turn it down. Hope to be back shooting by mid to late August. I have an amazing elk hunt to go on I drew out for.
Hoping for a speedy recovery for you

Beendare

WKR
So its true?
Mess with the bull….you get the horn…

Best wishes Butcherboy…injuries suck…and it hurts even more when they interfere with a hunting season.

OP
B
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I sure feel all the aches and pains this morning. Last night was a rough one trying to get some sleep. The good news is that bull is dying today! Lol

OP
B
Went and looked at the bull in the cooler yesterday. Weighed 1083 lbs dressed. Mostly good for hamburger. Will see what the customer wants but I would not cut steaks if it was mine. Doc called me as well and the fracture isn’t as bad as he first thought. I will only be out for a few weeks but will still take it easy so I don’t injure it again or worse.

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
Went and looked at the bull in the cooler yesterday. Weighed 1083 lbs dressed. Mostly good for hamburger. Will see what the customer wants but I would not cut steaks if it was mine. Doc called me as well and the fracture isn’t as bad as he first thought. I will only be out for a few weeks but will still take it easy so I don’t injure it again or worse.
That's good news on the shoulder. Hope your recovery is swift.

OP
B
Thanks again for all the well wishes! Doc took the staples out a few days ago and told
Me I could still do back of head shots for commercials. 🤣 still can’t do a whole lot with my elbow and when I do it’s pretty painful and sore after. Duh! Still have a dull throb on the back of my head. I still think I’m pretty fortunate considering there was a worker at another plant just down the road from me that was killed 3 years ago by a bull.

Stoney920

Lil-Rokslider
My sympathies, got bucked off my mule about 8 weeks ago. Broke 3 ribs and messed up some vertebrae as well. Worst I’ve ever been hurt, just now getting back to shooting. Hope you heal up quick!