Powder Thrower

Vacrt2002

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased a used RCBS precision throw a few years back but didn’t use it because I didn’t like the hopper. It was loose fitting. Anyway, fast forward to last week I decided I should try it over the standard RBCS thrower that came with my kit.

It threw 20 loads with a 0gr difference. Said differently it threw exactly 43.3grs of Superperformance 20 times in a row. I’ll never go back to the original powder throw! I tested it to see if it were an anomaly with H4350 it did the same thing throwing exactly 40.6grs every time.

I’ve been reloading for 20 years and have never used a thrower other than the standard version. No more trickling for me.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 41
I thought my thrower was consistent and then I bought the Frankford Arsenal Intellidropper.
I used it to weigh my chargers from my thrower and I have since boxed it up. The FA theows almost as fast and I know immediately if it is over or under. My group sizes and velocities show this as a drastic improvement.

OP
Vacrt2002

Vacrt2002

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting... What is the difference between the precision throw and something like the uniflow? They look pretty darn similar.

micrometer is the only obvious item. However, I have to believe that there is some more, because nearly perfect throws 20 times in a row was not achievable in my RCBS kit previousl!

The Intellidropper is an electronic powder thrower and electronic scale all in one. Not another step is needed as with the Uniflow. I have a boxed up Uniflow as well. The Frankford Arsenal unit throws better for me.