Predator Call Ideas? Bluetooth Speaker?

TSU_Archer

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys,

I find myself traveling down to Texas more often these days to attend to some family matters.

It’s kind of a nice change of pace from here in the Rockies specially with the abundance of opportunities we have with whitetail and hogs.

It’s been a long time since I really dove into Predator hunting and last time I had a really nice Foxpro call that we used for reeling in the everything from Coyotes to pigs.

Anyone here have any ideas or can shed light on a solid call for predators? Also will need it to be able to do pigs as well. Or I was thinking of just a decent Bluetooth speaker linked to my phone if anyone knows of a good phone app that offers the calls from the phone?

That’s what I’m thinking it will boil down to is either an old school style call with a Bluetooth remote or just a Bluetooth speaker linked to a phone.

Thanks for any insight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pirogue

WKR
You might find advice and a Bluetooth/phone combo at www dot ElCheapo dot com. Otherwise, the ages old adage prevails; you get what you pay for. In other words, if you can’t pull the trigger on a top Foxpro now, save till you can.

JohnB

WKR
Cabelas has some FoxPros on sale right now. I'm not super versed in predator calls but just bought a HiJack for $280.

robtattoo

WKR
I know it sounds stupid, but double check the law before you go with a Bluetooth & your phone.
Here, you're fine using a predator call, but using your phone & a speaker, oddly, is a violation.
I think they're worried about folks using it to call turkeys.

OP
TSU_Archer

TSU_Archer

Lil-Rokslider
I know it sounds stupid, but double check the law before you go with a Bluetooth & your phone.
Here, you're fine using a predator call, but using your phone & a speaker, oddly, is a violation.

That’s a new one, I honestly never considered that. Yeah I’ll have to invest some time to insure I’m not violating any rule on using a wireless audio device. Thanks for the heads.

Just seems last time I had a Foxpro our phones and Bluetooth devices weren’t as good. Now however, seems a good quality Bluetooth speaker paired with some sort of phone app that can run the calls seems just as effective as say a Foxpro. But yeah I’ll have to make sure that’s ok for coyotes, pigs n such.

Mt Al

WKR
Just for weight/compactness and getting way off the road, I've done the droid phone w/predator call app and bluetooth speaker. My mistake was that the speaker was too small and really didn't have enough volume or 'project' the sound the way a horn-like speaker would. I bet there are way better speakers than I tried. Simple, effective hand calls are way better than what I tried, IMHO. Bluetooth range is relatively short as well, something to think about.

After that fail I bought an older version of the Foxpro Patriot. Plenty compact enough to get off the beaten path, loud, etc.. Works great.

If you don't plan on hiking far, would strongly recommend getting a Shockwave, buddy has one and it's awesome.

WCB

WKR
My buddy, his dad, his uncle, and a few of their friends switched from Fox Pros to Lucky Duck revolt calls and have zero regrets. His dad and uncle kill 250 or so yotes year plus fox and coons with them. All together between all of them there are probably 500 or so predators killed a year over them. They like the sound quality and volume and just overall functionality better.

For compactness 100% your phone and blue tooth would be better. Volume would be my #1 concern (depending on conditions). We also do a lot of laying in the snow, wind, etc (predator hunting in the dakotas) so having my phone laying out is a no go. Call remote no big deal.

Jakegudi

FNG
Hey guys,

I find myself traveling down to Texas more often these days to attend to some family matters.

It’s kind of a nice change of pace from here in the Rockies specially with the abundance of opportunities we have with whitetail and hogs.

It’s been a long time since I really dove into Predator hunting and last time I had a really nice Foxpro call that we used for reeling in the everything from Coyotes to pigs.

Anyone here have any ideas or can shed light on a solid call for predators? Also will need it to be able to do pigs as well. Or I was thinking of just a decent Bluetooth speaker linked to my phone if anyone knows of a good phone app that offers the calls from the phone?

That’s what I’m thinking it will boil down to is either an old school style call with a Bluetooth remote or just a Bluetooth speaker linked to a phone.

Thanks for any insight!

Hey I know this is unrelated to the post but do you still have the Sitka lite down jacket ? I was interested in it.

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
This was a great question. I've tossed around buying a nice call for a couple of years. The downside is I hike a ton and wasn't sure if buying a large foxpro Shockwave for $$$ or going small was better. I got a small hand-held electric call matched with a separate decoy and can tell you that isn't the solution. Predators come into the noise and easily isolate my sound from the decoy. They always hang up. Never thought about a Bluetooth speaker. Not sure about durability with those. I typically predator hunt in the snow and cold. I'm thinking buying a lucky duck or foxpro will be the move eventually

Swamp Fox

WKR
Nothing says "apex predator" like Bluetooth ... :rolleyes: