Priming tool

I can't count the number of rounds done with my Lee handheld auto prime, however its into the thousands. I haven't had an issue wearing it out, if it ever does I would get another one. I get a kick out of the tools designed and sold for lots of $$ for the perceived advantage.

Last edited:
Reactions: dla
I run a forester co-ax primer seater… like the operation of it, just wish the large rifle primer tube held 50.

Lol, the question is how does one end up with "too many"?

Video in post #11 said pretty much what there is to say about priming tool madness.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I use a RCBS hand primer and love it. I’m not sure what another priming tool would/could do that the RCBS one that I have can’t.

What problems are you having with your RCBS priming tool?

Weldor

WKR
I've managed to accumulate lee auto hand primer lyman hand primer lee bench top and priming tubes and gagets that came the my presses. My lee auto prime is 45 years old and still ticking.

slush

FNG
I just switched to the Frankfort Arsenal, from my RCBS. I love that I that I don't have to keep switching out my shell holders, from my press. The Frankfort is built like a tank and has a primer depth seating adjustment. Plus, it is very easy to switch from large to small primers.

Only one I've ever used is the lyman E-ZEE priming tool and it's always worked well enough. I really just need to buy a dillon and not worry about priming separately for most rounds.

Last edited: