Probably not a secret ... suppressors can be really quiet even on magnums.

jimh406

WKR
I took my first animal using a suppressor yesterday. I was really surprised how quiet it was. I intended to put ear plugs in before I shot my buck, but I was too excited/distracted I guess. I ended up shooting my 300 WSM without ear protection, but with my Banish 30.

If you are on the fence, I'd encourage you to jump in. No, it won't be helpful this year, but could be by next season if you get paperwork in soon.

lintond

WKR
I jumped into suppressors a few years ago after shooting at a buck hole forgetting my ear pro shooting my 28N. They were right there on my neck but in the moment just forgot. Now I refuse to shoot unsurpassed and don’t think I would have gotten my buck this year unsurpassed as the first shot went high. He didn’t even seem to notice the shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadler

WKR
Shot my first animal with a suppressor this year as well. Even with multiple shots it doesn’t even phase them or the other animals around them.

I intend to shoot my first animal suppressed this year. Just got my first two suppressors a week and a half ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
I'm jealous, men. We can't have them in my state, but I got to use one on game in NZ in June and it was very eye-opening. I loved the sound reduction (I shot a 30-06, hunting partner shot 308), but the recoil reduction was also substantial. Likened push to a .223, but the push was more gentle or slower, maybe. Would love to have one in the field. Maybe someday.