Prong Horn recipies

manitou1

WKR
Spaghetti, Chili, Tacos, Enchiladas.
I have had success with Slouvaka/Greek Kabobs. Tastes like gyro meat, but on a stick. Google it and make up some home made tsaziki sauce. Pretty good. But, I do grind beef fat into mine.

Last edited:
PS Seasonings No. 117 and a hot skillet. (I like to add pork belly, but it isn't mandatory.

Best breakfast meat 143gr ELD-x's can buy.

JFK

WKR
Antelope burgers are one of my favorites. Really just do anything you’d do with a beef burger. Try to get some fat into the ground though. If nothing else, just mix some chopped frozen butter into the burger patty’s so they don’t dry out. My 3 year old asks for them at least once a week.

Laramie

WKR
If pure antelope, grill to medium rare and enjoy. Cook past that and they start to taste more and more gamey. At medium rare, I'll choose most antelope over elk. They are great as long as field care was done properly.

Zappaman

WKR
You can start with some beef fat in the skillet- reduce it slowly (pork, bacon works too). You're gonna have some dry meat otherwise! But olive oil works well too (especially if going for marinara). I've also reduced fat and let it (almost) cool, then run patties through it (or douse it/mix it with olive oil)- then to the grill.

Making spaghetti with pronghorn tonight. Made some stroganoff with pronghorn last week. It’s good stuff.

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
Taco soup is good: 1-1.5lbs of burger, 1 can kidney beans, 1 can pinto beans, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can rotel tomatoes, 1 can stewed tomatoes, 1 can corn, 1 packet taco seasoning, 1 packet of ranch dressing mix. but you can’t go wrong with some pure pronghorn burgers either

Travis907

WKR
Taco soup is good: 1-1.5lbs of burger, 1 can kidney beans, 1 can pinto beans, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can rotel tomatoes, 1 can stewed tomatoes, 1 can corn, 1 packet taco seasoning, 1 packet of ranch dressing mix. but you can’t go wrong with some pure pronghorn burgers either
I’ll have to give the taco soup recipe at try!

NEWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
No recipe needed. I just ground 20 pounds into burger - glad to hear you didn’t mix anything else into it. Hamburgers are the best. Season salt and pepper to just past medium rare. If you must add cheese, I like provolone the best.

I save my whitetail for chili, lasagna, sausage, etc. Pronghorn is all hamburgers.

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
Just had meatloaf with it tonight. Turned out awesome, as does most everything with antelope

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
I know you ground it, but in the future you should try cooking backstraps and tenderloins wrapped in bacon on the grill. I also like to marinate in teriyaki sauce and make shish kabobs with onion, bell peppers and pineapple, served over rice.

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
Steak everything. Salt and pepper, fried with butter to Medium rare. Let rest for 5 min. The best.

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider

Can't go wrong with any of these. Amazing recipes on this site.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk