PSA: Something weird going on with Liberty Optics.

RobertLosekamp

Lil-Rokslider

Scott up and vanished, details in the SH thread above. If you have recently purchased through Liberty Optics it's advised that you begin a charge back immediately.

I didn't see anything in the forums rules against sharing something like this, if I missed it please remove the post admins/mods and accept my apology.

BlackTail

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for posting this heads up. I hadn’t ordered from Liberty Optics before but had thought about it a number of times as Scott had some screaming deals.

The way Vortex handled that mess was absolutely amazing!! I know we sort of pile on them (and some other manufacturers) about how they do in the drop tests, but that’s got to be the absolute best customer service story I’ve ever heard. Makes it really hard not to want to support a company like that! Kudos Vortex!!

OP
RobertLosekamp

RobertLosekamp

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for posting this heads up. I hadn’t ordered from Liberty Optics before but had thought about it a number of times as Scott had some screaming deals.

The way Vortex handled that mess was absolutely amazing!! I know we sort of pile on them (and some other manufacturers) about how they do in the drop tests, but that’s got to be the absolute best customer service story I’ve ever heard. Makes it really hard not to want to support a company like that! Kudos Vortex!!
Yeah Vortex definitely stands behind their products! Durability from drop tests are one thing, but they'll make it right if their product fails. Shamus has been all over the place trying to clean this mess up and done so admirably imo. Shame about Scott but he's a human after all.

BlackTail

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah Vortex definitely stands behind their products! Durability from drop tests are one thing, but they'll make it right if their product fails. Shamus has been all over the place trying to clean this mess up and done so admirably imo. Shame about Scott but he's a human after all.
Yeah, I’m following that one just to see what comes of Scott. So bizarre to just rip everyone off like that after 20+ years of what sounds like a pretty stellar track record.

And yes, Shamus and Scott (from Vortex) have done so much to clean up a mess they didn’t even make. It’s really been incredible to see. I can’t imagine another company doing so much to try and make things right. I had pretty much sworn off Vortex but after all this, that stance is softening (A LOT)!!