PSA--Why you should NOT use Silencer Central to purchase a suppressor

I ordered last month and they had to order from Tbac,still waiting because Tbac hasn’t made them yet,i also contacted Tbac and confirmed they were ordered the day I ordered thru SC.
It’s a process that takes time,maybe they bobble a few orders up sometimes but i haven’t seen any business that’s perfect.They are obviously doing something right.
Some people just don’t do their research beforehand,are impatient or just like to bitch,or all of the above.
So I will be patient while I wait and also check up on it from time to time.
No other dealer had what you wanted in stock? I ordered a TBAC from Hansohn brothers on Sunday, form3 submitted Monday, and it’s already approved and shipped to my dealer. Now that’s efficiency.

I ordered last month and they had to order from Tbac,still waiting because Tbac hasn’t made them yet,i also contacted Tbac and confirmed they were ordered the day I ordered thru SC.
It’s a process that takes time,maybe they bobble a few orders up sometimes but i haven’t seen any business that’s perfect.They are obviously doing something right.
Some people just don’t do their research beforehand,are impatient or just like to bitch,or all of the above.
So I will be patient while I wait and also check up on it from time to time.
I also agree with this. I have continued to use them. But I still feel the OP's pain.

After finally receiving my suppressor from Silencer Central, I feel the need to warn others that you should only buy from them if you want to wait an additional 3-6 mos to receive your can. Allow me to break down how their delays and incompetence easily led to an additional 4+ mos of waiting.

1. Started the process with SC 2/11/22. This included my fingerprinting, payment, and filling out most of the necessary documentation. I received email confirmation from SC that they would "Begin processing paperwork to the ATF." Being unfamiliar with the process, I was unaware that SC still had to submit the eForm to ATF. They DID NOT DO THIS UNTIL 3/10/22.

2. While every eForm ATF approval time is slightly variable and different, most approvals submitted in mid-Feb when mine should have been processed began coming back around early July. Don't ask me why but around this time, ATF apparently began "slow-walking" approvals. Mine which was submitted 3/10/22 did not get approved until 10/31/22. SC's delays easily resulted in an additional 3-4 mos before my suppressor was approved just based on this alone.

3. Once the ATF approval was obtained, I had to sign one more form which I did that day and they then informed me that they had to notify local LE of the purchase. This is total BS! I have spoken to several dealers and FFL's. Everyone else does this at the time of PURCHASE and when you start the process so that the wait time overlaps with the ATF approval process. SC waits until you get the approval and then sends the notification via snail mail, waits 7 business days until they receive confirmation from LE that the notification was received, then once that 7 business days are up, they "start preparing your suppressor for shipment." I'll address the local LE notification first as I had a lengthy discussion with SC over this. Their attorneys are completely incompetent and have misinterpreted code section 478.96(b) which says NOTHING about waiting until ATF approval is obtained before notifying local LE. So, either SC atty's are incompetent or SC has decided they will wait until the approval is obtained and save a few cents by not sending notifications on the small percentage of ATF denials. Why they couldn't start processing the can for shipping during this time is beyond me as well. Once the 7 business days were up and they started processing the can for shipping, it was another 3-4 days before it was actually shipped. I finally received the suppressor on 11/22/22, over 3 wks after ATF approval.

End result==well over 4+ mos of additional wait due to SC's incompetence and poor business practices. BUY LOCAL WHEN YOU CAN GUYS!
Silencer Central lied about sending final documents to my “spam folder.” It took me contacting my state’s consumer protection and the BBB. To get my (approved) cans. 10 hours after submitting my complaint to the BBB, I received confirmation that my cans were being mailed. Once my Banish 46 arrived, the adaptor which I purchased also didn’t arrive as it was placed on back order. Despite purchasing it 6 months earlier, I can’t even use the can I purchased. I found one online and purchased it (for less money).
There is so much more to this garbage experience, but this was the gist. I will NEVER buy from Silencer Central again.

Attachments

• IMG_8491.jpeg
    IMG_8491.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 21
I just used SC. To call it easy would be an understatement. Did my form 4 review, signature and submission with then yesterday. Totally easy for a “first” can buy to get a free trust established. I’m 100% sure it may be slower due to being the “easy button.” The slowest part of their process, so far, is the mailing and returning of fingerprint cards, which is where the SS kiosk option is nicer. Local notification once the eform is approved is no doubt slower than doing it yourself.

Having just been through the SC process recently figured I’d offer that experience at least. No saying they aren’t slower, just stupid easy.
Have you received your suppressor yet? I just (literally within the last month) received my two cans. It took my state consumer protection department and the BBB to get them (SC) to send my suppressors (after one month of final approval). They (one) arrived without the necessary adaptor.
Best success, but know that the end of the process is genuinely the hard part.

Have you received your suppressor yet? I just (literally within the last month) received my two cans. It took my state consumer protection department and the BBB to get them (SC) to send my suppressors (after one month of final approval). They (one) arrived without the necessary adaptor.
Best success, but know that the end of the process is genuinely the hard part.
Yes, quite a while ago. They take forever from approval to shipping due to their process to mail it to “your door” which is a bit frustrating to sit through.

No issues with two of mine I just got other than time,but nothing excessive or not understandable.
I’ll probably use them again in a month or two sense my trust are thru them and will be easier for me to navigate in the future.

Back