PVA Cayuga Terminal Performance

Anybody have field photos from PVA Cayuga kills? I was in their shop yesterday and Josh told me they reliably tumble down to 1100 fps, which is dramatically lower than pretty much anything else I'm aware of.

TxLite

WKR
There's a long thread about the Cayugas on LRH with photos of wounds and some recovered bullets.
The number of ads on LRH kill it for me. It’s obnoxious. On their mobile website I can’t even get the threads to fully load half the time

SouthPaw

WKR
The number of ads on LRH kill it for me. It’s obnoxious. On their mobile website I can’t even get the threads to fully load half the time
There are lots of things that kill LRH for me. Used to spend a lot of time there..

100% agree, not to mention the Hammer fudds that completely kill any fruitful discussion over there. I don't visit that site much, but there are a couple threads like the Cayuga one that have pertinent info worth reading.

muzz

FNG
I don’t understand all that bc stuff, it looks like a slick bullet. Fairly arrow dynamic to me.

amassi

WKR

Good ole hammertime 2.0.
Bc isn’t real
Dialing is not a skill of a rifleman
Poor bedding job? Hammer bullets
Scope won’t hold zero? Hammer bullets
Lazer rangefinder won’t work? Hammer bullets
Sleeping bag for November ? Hammer bullets
Elk shoulders are bullet proof unless they’re crushed with a hammer bullet
Rifle won’t shoot hammer bullets? Better rebarrel
Too much twist - hammer bullets
Too little twist- hammer bullets.

muzz

FNG
Good ole hammertime 2.0.
Bc isn’t real
Dialing is not a skill of a rifleman
Poor bedding job? Hammer bullets
Scope won’t hold zero? Hammer bullets
Lazer rangefinder won’t work? Hammer bullets
Sleeping bag for November ? Hammer bullets
Elk shoulders are bullet proof unless they’re crushed with a hammer bullet
Rifle won’t shoot hammer bullets? Better rebarrel
Too much twist - hammer bullets
Too little twist- hammer bullets.
So I take it you don’t like hammer bullets

OP
ResearchinStuff
It's more a nock on the lrh forum. The only thing that matters over there is shooting a hammer bullet out of a Sherman wildcat. Ironically, most members here have found the performance of both those products to be poor.

Dirtriding4life

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a bunch of the 151 Cayuga loaded in a 20” 7 SAUM at 2800fps with N565. It’s not quite as fast as I was hoping for, but they group very well and the barrel is new. I’m hoping to get out over the next few weeks to verify the advertised BC to 1400 yards.

Hopefully after this fall I will have some terminal performance data to add to this thread. The fact that Form is 6mm Cayuga curious says something considering there isn’t another mono that he recommends. Depending on how they tumble/expand it might be a sweet option for the 6UM or 6 Creedmoor.

Dirtriding4life

Lil-Rokslider
I finally got out to verify the BC on the 151gr Cayuga. I was only able to get to 900 yards, but 5 impacts verified well on 1-8 twist barrel using G7 .31 BC with a MV of 2805fps. It definitely doesn’t have the splashy impressive impact of a 140 or 162 ELD-M on steel. Hopefully I’ll get the opportunity to test the terminal performance mid November.

Considering that their advertised BC isn’t inflated makes me optimistic that PVA’s claims of the bullet tumbling characteristics are true as well.

The impacts are on the right 1/4 of the steel.

Attachments

• IMG_2780.jpeg
    IMG_2780.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 17

Hoghead

WKR
I have shot a few deer with the 151 Cayuga. Very accurate bullet for me. First picture neck shot 260 yards. The second picture is the exit at 486. 3&4 572 . 5 is exit at 498. I haven't recovered a bullet. I normally do the gutless method, and if I remember correctly the bullet didn't exit the buck at 572 quarting to me. Everything I have shot has dropped.
64cf05bcd441b5e9e1de99cd7e867dc2.jpg
45f363d0cfb8c7a024a9e3c64c2b20ac.jpg
5dc9dee88201488c43f709e02108cee7.jpg
dc8aa1c3e5f010f1736ce747d425937f.jpg
cc81359e11f3ace043eae521fdd0a8cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk