Question for guys with Seek Outside Packs

Question for seek outside pack owners. Do you run the lumbar pad or do you run your pack with just the standard wrap around waist belt? I am contemplating ordering a seekoutside pack and wondering g if the lumbar pad is needed or not?

wilydawg

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not sure if you'll know for sure until you try it both ways. I just bought one with my pack since it was only a few bucks. Didn't end up using it but again, it was only a few bucks so no big deal to me. YMMV...

I haven't decided which way carries weight better for me yet but I do like the added gap i get for airflow with lumbar pad installed.

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
d484ca2e165ba8c5f663dbfb53636fd1.jpg
3f1f7a315cb67788f216e7606875c5e0.jpg

I’ve been running a SO 6300 since 2015 with no lumbar pad. Works awesome for me. No belt slip even under heavy load.

I think it depends on your back shape....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brsnow

WKR
I don’t use the lumbar pad. Extremely comfortable pack, try it without and add later if needed.

RCB

WKR
I found the lumbar pad to be more comfortable under heavy loads. I removed some of the padding tho.

Phaseolus

WKR
I found the lumbar pad to be more comfortable under heavy loads. I removed some of the padding tho.
I forgot about that, I removed some of the padding too. It’s a nice feature to be able to modify it’s thickness easily.

Most comfortable pack I've worn so far as long as I have the lumbar pad. Without it I bleed around the waist from what I guess is the hip belt and pants digging into my waist.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So in my experience, most slender flat backed guys won’t need it. I’m in this category and the belt works worse with heavy loads if I run the pad.

Guys who are more muscular or thicker built, or who have a deep lumbar curve usually like or need the pad.

I’ve had a very few who had to use the pad PLUS capture the belt PLUS mess with the belt height PLUS play with the pad thickness in order to get a good ride.

It’s good / bad that we have so many adjustments. It’s a little complicated to explain sometimes, but we really can fit nearly anyone.

netman

WKR
I’m off a muscular build and have the lumbar pad. When I ordered my pack ( Saker w Rev) I didn’t know if I would need the pad or not. As cheap as it was I bought it. Upon trying the pack with and without I chose with.
This is my second year with this pack. I have hauled loads in the 90-100 pounds.
I just did 24 days in Montana and Colorado living out of my pack.
I spent 2 months this summer hiking Montana and Wyoming with the Saker.
No woulda’s, coulda’s or shoulda’s.

Bryanboss429

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered my Lanner with one. Tried it w/o when it arrived. Didn’t care for the way it rode on my hips. Put it on and mad a world of difference. I am thicker built also.

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
I'm slender build with a deep lumbar. When I tried it without the pad i got pain just above my glute area. When i added the lumbar pad it went away and I had no issues or pain hauling an elk this this year.