Questions about a hunt in Wyoming

wjarrell

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going to burn my points this year on a cow tag in Wyoming. I think I have already picked the unit and have spoken to the biologist about it.

Without posting the unit number, which I don’t think it matters because it takes max points to draw a bull tag, how do I word questions so that I get the right people to respond? I can post the unit name but that’s the same as posting unit numbers.

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
No matter what you post, somebody will be a smart ass, so post something that gets max smart ass replies :) It is learning experience

Why does it even matter what you post for a cow tag?

OP
W

wjarrell

Lil-Rokslider
No matter what you post, somebody will be a smart ass, so post something that gets max smart ass replies :) It is learning experience

Why does it even matter what you post for a cow tag?
That’s how I feel too but the mods don’t want unit numbers posted. If nothing comes of this thread I might bend the rules a little on a new one in a couple weeks.

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure what your questions are but here is an example... why dont you post your questions in a general manner.... Most likely no one is going to tell you where to hunt in a specific unit. So try something like... "If I'm looking at hunting a unit for Cow elk, in researching the unit, what should i look for to cue me in on areas to hunt? "

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
PS if you are wanting to know specifics about a unit .
Review Maps
Call biologist (this takes learning how to ask the right questions)
Call forest service (and dont be afraid to call back and ask for someone who goes out in the field and can tell you the best place to access a trailhead.)
Review maps again after those conversations

Laramie

WKR
I’m going to burn my points this year on a cow tag in Wyoming. I think I have already picked the unit and have spoken to the biologist about it.

Without posting the unit number, which I don’t think it matters because it takes max points to draw a bull tag, how do I word questions so that I get the right people to respond? I can post the unit name but that’s the same as posting unit numbers.
Anyone with much Wyoming experience already understands where you are applying. You will find a cow to shoot there, easily. Plenty of info on the web for area 10 x 10

wytx

WKR
Just pm a Wyoming member, we don't mind sharing a little info on cow elk hunts.
Lots of info on other forums too, just look around the other hunting forums.

And cnelk has good advice on the JCRs.