Questions for the resident fiberglass repair expert

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
B56A3E79-2C98-4363-B268-924BA065F6B7.jpegHey guys, I have an old Gheenoe (a flat bottom, square back fiberglass canoe) that I’ve neglected for a few years. Leaving it exposed to the sun has caused the coating on the inside to come off. Anytime I sit in it I get those fibers in my clothes and skin. Is there anything I can spray or brush on it to coat it?
Thanks!

Rodmor80

FNG
Yes go online and order the white Herculiner and just roll it on after doing some light prep work. If you roll it on fairly thin it won't add too much weight to the canoe.

Clarktar

WKR
View attachment 387736Hey guys, I have an old Gheenoe (a flat bottom, square back fiberglass canoe) that I’ve neglected for a few years. Leaving it exposed to the sun has caused the coating on the inside to come off. Anytime I sit in it I get those fibers in my clothes and skin. Is there anything I can spray or brush on it to coat it?
Thanks!
The Fiberlay is what I have always used on boats. Zero complaints or issues.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Felix40

WKR
Are you talking about the Bondo brand? That’s what I found on their website.
Yeah. I bet a thin layer would make all those fibers lay down and it would be more permanent than something like bed liner. You could always do bed liner over the top to protect the fiberglass but it won’t have any structural value.