quieting bino harness - AGC

Have Vortex binos with the pack they come with and an Alaskan Guide Creations bino pack as well. Wanted to use the AGC pack but it was a tad noisy for my taste. Inside of Vortex pack is very noisey when pulling out binos...what to do?

Swapped vortex harness onto the AGC bino pack and that harness is MUCH quieter! Swapped the AGC harness onto the vortex pack then thinking that is the noisier pack I can take in the off season or if I gun hunt something and don't have to be as close.

Removed the clips from the top of the pack and just ran the harness through the loops and then through the slides - then used tape on the male clips to quiet them on the sides (they rattle when loose and I don't crank them down so much all the time so had to do something). Tape is on the center post only of the male portion of the clips - try that if you have rattling clips and you don't want to replace them with military ones (I ran out of milspec male clips but the tape works too).

Replaced noisy zipper pulls with paracord pulls. You can tape those too but I just got tired of dealing with it.

So the AGC is MUCH quieter now and I can deal with the cordura - still looking for a silent case though but this will work for now. I will run it through the washer a bunch in the off season as that can soften and quiet cordura quite a bit - I don't want to scent it up now though in season so will wait to do that.

What have you done to silence your bino case?

WoodBow

WKR
Bought the new quieter marsupial harness.

But before that I always considered making a fleece liner to go inside the harness.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
TradArcher
I have been looking at the marsupial...don't want to spend the money right now though.

WoodBow

WKR
I have been looking at the marsupial...don't want to spend the money right now though.
I don't blame you. They aren't cheap. But you are not likely to regret it once you have one. And will probably last the rest of your life.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

CB4

WKR
Exactly what @WoodBow said. Marsupial is the way to go. I had an AGC then sold it for an Adak and now have the Marsupial and will never be selling it. AGC is loud, bulky and uncomfortable. Adak was quiet but the pockets aren't usable.