r

I put a in line fuel shut off valve on mine in the most obscure place I could.
$4 will take you all the way.

I ride a dirt bike back as far as I can. Last year I didn't have any troubles but this year I have a nice bike. I got it insured for about $50 yearly. Worth it to me for how much I paid for it. Also probably gonna pull it off the trail alittle but this year. Last year it was just beside the road

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Muleyslayer14

Lil-Rokslider
Usually the OHV is far enough in on rough trails I don’t worry more than pulling the key. That said I do worry about the lightweight flatbed trailer parked back near busy roads. Those trailers are light enough to lift off of hitch and move. I have been running a chain on padlock though I’m sure it’s still not the best method.

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
I keep mine locked in my shop during hunting season but on other trips Iv disabled it plug wires battery cable something light and easy to throw in the pack. Also disabled one I found a couple miles into a wilderness area game warden chewed my arse pretty good when I gave him the plug wires but also thanked me for the waypoint and tip off.

Hey, LEO, there is a quad illegally inside the wilderness/off limits zone. Here is the GPS. By the way, found this on my hike out and may go to that quad in question, maybe not but was litter so I picked it up. Should I toss it in a trash can?

[email protected]

Lil-Rokslider
Hey, LEO, there is a quad illegally inside the wilderness/off limits zone. Here is the GPS. By the way, found this on my hike out and may go to that quad in question, maybe not but was litter so I picked it up. Should I toss it in a trash can?
Lmao might have been a better way to go about it I spose.

idcuda

WKR
I siphon the fuel out of mine and hide it. I usually put it inside the wheel I take off, which is locked to a tree. Good insurance if you're going to be away from your bike for more than a few minutes.

Other than that, I just hide the key in one of the bag pockets.

I keep mine locked in my shop during hunting season but on other trips Iv disabled it plug wires battery cable something light and easy to throw in the pack. Also disabled one I found a couple miles into a wilderness area game warden chewed my arse pretty good when I gave him the plug wires but also thanked me for the waypoint and tip off.
I have been very tempted to do something like this after finding an ATV where it shouldn't be. Getting into an altercation with someone in the middle of nowhere has deterred me.

Cubby

WKR
If I ever ran across a wheeler off the trail like that and hide to great measure I would call it in as a stolen ATV. Of coarse being raised in MT we see things differently then others

IdahoHntr

WKR
Man some of you go through great lengths to sucure your machines. Where I live and hunt I haven't even heard of a hunters wheeler gotten stolen. All I do is take the key and go of coarse I do have it insured.

I was gonna say the same thing! For a day hunt I usually don't even take the key out and just park it a little ways off the trail. I will stick the key in one of the wheeler bags if I'm gone overnight. I've always thought stealing a wheeler from a guy who probably has a gun and binoculars was a risky enough move that people wouldn't try it, but maybe I'm wrong. I haven't seen any wheeler theft stories that would make me change how I do things.

tdhanses

WKR
You guys do realize full coverage insurance with a low deductible is dirt cheap.

Never even thought about this? I take the key out but other than that. I’m more worried about marmots eating the cables than someone taking my atv

[email protected]

Lil-Rokslider
I have been very tempted to do something like this after finding an ATV where it shouldn't be. Getting into an altercation with someone in the middle of nowhere has deterred me.
Young firefighter and a young marine we were both to stupid and thought to highly of ourselves at the time to give an altercation a second thought