Rage crossbow broadheads.

never used rage before but I bought a three pack of these for my crossbow experiment this year. The blades seem almost impossible to deploy with the shock collar. Like, I can’t imagine how these things would open up on an animal. I had to set the blade tip on the edge of my work bench and press down hard to get them to open.

am I doing this wrong?

Titan_Bow

WKR
I’ve shot turkey with Rage hypodermic 2” “crossbow” heads out of my compound and they opened fine on the animal. It’s my understanding the only difference is the shock collars are supposed to be a little stiffer due to higher expected velocities. Like I said, they opened fine for me when they hit a turkey though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jte5013

FNG
Before I started lurking archery related forums, I shot 5 of the rage crossbow (the orange ones, but they also had the red shock collar) at 4 deer (1 deer got shot twice) without a second thought. All but 1 passed through, but it broke the offside shoulder and partially exited. AFAIK, they all deployed correctly but blades got bent most the time.

I then bought some replacement collars and tried to deploy them like you...and couldn't really. I stabbed my arrow through a cheap block target and it didn't deploy.

Which led me to researching them and finding a lot of people don't like rage and people giving horror stories of them not working properly even though that wasn't my personal experience. So I switched to a fixed even though the rages worked 5/5 for me.

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot Rage but not out of a crossbow.. 300fps out of my compound. I use 6.5 oz 3/16 dental bands. 100 for 6 bucks.. put the band just below the ears of the blades.. I found a deal on trypan crossbow heads the other day.. ill just toss the collars . They are the same head other wise..
I've never heard of them not deploying . I bet hitting at high speed vs slowly pushing on them is the difference.

Ouird

FNG
I’ve shot turkey with Rage hypodermic 2” “crossbow” heads out of my compound and they opened fine on the animal. It’s my understanding the only difference is the shock collars are supposed to be a little stiffer due to higher expected velocities. Like I said, they opened fine for me when they hit a turkey though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've done the same and have had no issues.

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
My wife and kids shoot a Bear X Impact with the Rage Xbow heads.

I haven't chronod it yet but it's rated for 420fps.

My wife heart shot this doe tonight.
526a926be1ccc8ad4d1091bd518a80d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk