Rain Gear Sitka vs Kuiu

I have been using the Sitka Downpour for years and no real complaints but it's time for new set. I am ready to just go get some more but am curious about Kuiu... Heard a lot of good things.. Tell me why I should or should not jump the Sitka boat. Are the Chugach model to look at? To be taken into consideration -- I hunt in PNW and AK so the quality matters.....

Thanks!

MtnMuley

WKR
I've had Sitka and KUIU and now I use the Kryptek Takur. If you decide on KUIU, I wouldn't go Chugach, but go Yukon or Katana.

I've got kuiu chugach and sitka last gen dewpoint and also arcteryx alpha AR. The new Dewpoint seems like a great backpacking option at only 12.5 ounces and a better pit zip design than the old IMO.

The light and tough gore tex options are quite a bit noisier than the chugach stuff and the chugach seems more stretchy. I'm not sure I could pin a solid performance difference in waterproofness between them.

The kutana would be an intriguing option for someone in the northwest IMO.

Sitka, Kuiu, Kryptek and First Lite are all mid to upper level mid-tier products. From my perspective, it’s like splitting hairs when making comparisons between these brands and their various product lines. Not saying they aren’t good enough for general use. They just simply aren’t the best. Arcteryx, including the LEAF product line, are more performance oriented and can be found in earth tone colors. Unfortunately, the increased quality comes with a higher cost.

MtnMuley

WKR
I respect your statement, but disagree. I own both Arcteryx insulated and non insulated bottoms in the LEAF. They're no wear near the preformance quality of the Takur or even the KUIU or Sitka for hunting in my opinion. Not as good of fit. Louder. Bulkier. I was able to get a screaming deal on them and only use the insulated pair when glassing outside a vehicle or side by side in cold weather.