Rain Pants

Wrench

WKR
Filson tin chaps would last you a long time. They are not "light" but the 16ish Oz penalty will take more ass kicking than most will dish out.....and since they're chaps, they don't smother you like double tins, and when waxed up they are pretty stealthy in the brush that sounds like a megaphone on cordura.

I was going to suggest Filson Hunting pants, the tin cloth/shelter cloth combo ones that are waxed. Maybe a modification of hunting style would be the next move...?

*zap*

WKR
You can get chaps with full side zip. Cover the whole leg but not the crotch area. Clip onto your belt. Something like snake chaps but not snake chaps, just water resistant tough cordura. E-Z on/off. Roll up fairly small. Tough. I have had the same pair for many years, maybe 20. Great when walking in tall damp grass. Full leg gaiters that do not go under the boot.....clip to belt.

Sitka Storm fronts, OR gaitors, and rolls of tenacious tape. I bought the "sticker pack" kit of tenacious tape- you know the one that has die cut images of deer, bears, and such- and my pants were starting to look like a Yeti cup. The stormfronts hold up better than anything else.