Rangefinder Side and Why

Which side of your bino harness or pack belt do you “run” your rangefinder on? I’m a righty, but have it attached on my left side of my bino harness (I have my reasons). But it seems most right handed guys have it on their right side. Am I missing something here? Is this a matter of preference? I don’t bow hunt, so I’m assuming that might have something to do with it. Anyway, more curiosity than anything else as to which side most guys run their rangefinder on and what is their rationale.

BluMtn

WKR
Mine is attached to the left upper shoulder strap on my pack. For two reasons. My rifle sling is on my right shoulder and it is easier to reach across my chest and remove my range finder from its carrying case when it is on the left side. Kind of like carrying a cross draw handgun holster.

Right handed, right-eye dominant. Less movement and shifting or running a tether across your body (if you use a tether to your bino pouch/rangefinder)... bow hunter’s input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

packer58

WKR
AGC bino harness........Front center pocket, I leave the pocket unziped after getting close for easy access when bow hunting.

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
Right handed, right side. It just feels natural and usually the bow is in my left hand so it is much easier to reach down with my right hand and quickly pull the range finder to my eye.

Finch

WKR
Right handed, right side. It just feels natural and usually the bow is in my left hand so it is much easier to reach down with my right hand and quickly pull the range finder to my eye.

This. I need my bow "handy" while ranging my target.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I keep my RF in my left chest pocket on my shirt with the lanyard around my neck. With an arrow nocked and my bow in my right hand (left-handed), it's real easy to pull my RF......range........and then let it hang while shooting. I'd do the same with a rifle.

specneeds

Lil-Rokslider
Center front pocket of the AGC held with a lanyard for drops. I’ve had it both sides but this is my favorite. Just the right size to hold the Leica crf & less side interference. It is a pretty thick case but holds a knife, tags, extra ammo, wind checker, Zeiss cleaning wipes along with the binoculars. I can drop the backpack & run with just the bino pack if necessary.

Drenalin

WKR
Right hip belt pocket for me. I don't like having the additional pouch on my chest, and I hand carry my rifle/bow in my left hand.

slamdmini

FNG
right handed, right side, bow in left hand. trying to get my left hand to open my rf pouch, grab my rf and bring it my right eye is an exercise in futility

Yeah if you're shooting a right handed bow you want it on the right cause you will be holding the bow in your left hand. Simple as that for me

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Right handed, left eye dominant, but been shooting right handed bow for 30 years. Tried briefly keeping RF on the left, but keeping the bow in hand is easier, my right hand operates the RF easier and it’s no problem putting it to my left eye.