Wiser Precision BA-7 Sparrow bino adapter.

Over the years I have been trying out the different binocular mounts to attach my binos to a tripod. I have been using Zeiss Victory 10x56 and 8x56 Rangefinder binos since 2014 and they do not have a built-in stud for use with those types of adapters. So I have been limited to the cradle type mounts. Then the Outdoorsmans came out with their Bino Hand and I grabbed one. It worked but it was bulky and required an ARCA plate making it difficult getting my binos in and out of my chest harness. Then Really Right Stuff announced their Cinch bino adapter and I jumped on that with a quickness. This was a vast improvement over the previous models I had used. I have been using the aluminum Cinch which is now called the Cinch Elite for going on 3 years after thinking about it it has been since 2020 Colorado Big Game season so 4 years. I had seen the Aziak adapters but didn't see a reason to try them as I think the Cinch offers more versatility.

Fast forward to January 2024 and Wiser Precision released their BA-7 Sparrow bino adapter that has a CNC aluminum body and a price tag of a measly $39.99. I looked at the pictures and videos and decided to order up two of them. After taxes and shipping they were well under the $130 price tag of the Cinch Elite.

They arrived earlier today. I don't have any field use but I plan to run these during spring turkey and then continue using it for scouting the 2024 big game season. If they prove to be durable and hold up I will continue to run them into hunting season. I will hold on to the cinches even if they just become loaners for friends that don't have any mounts.

If the Wiser proves their salt then might have cornered the market.

Pictures
Wiser top, Cinch middle, Bino Hand bottom
20240224_185130.jpg

Locks up tight in my RRS SC-LR clamp
20240224_181335.jpg

Wiser designed the ARCA more centered for better balance
20240224_184229.jpg

Size difference on the binos
20240224_184354.jpg

Wiser on tripod
20240224_184452.jpg

Wiser more centered
20240224_184434.jpg

Cinch on tripod
20240224_184540.jpg
20240224_184525.jpg

I'll try and keep this thread updated but so far I am likely what I see. Durability and stability from the split strap will be the determining factory. I don't think durability will be a factor as at the end of one of the Wiser videos he is hanging from the strap in a harness.

Edit:
It was asked how they compare while going in and out of the harness. Harness is an 2014 Alaska Guide Creations model "large".

Last edited:

rcb2000

WKR
Def grabbing one of these.
I have the Aziak, which I love, but want to try something different.

Can’t bring myself to pay for everything I would need using the EL stud installed by Outdoorsman’s.

OP
I
Def grabbing one of these.
I have the Aziak, which I love, but want to try something different.

Can’t bring myself to pay for everything I would need using the EL stud installed by Outdoorsman’s.
Honestly I do not believe you will be disappointed with this Wiser

Pull test on the strap for the binos broke at 312lbs (I guessed 300lbs so I was close), yes he tested it 😂 I’d say that’s durable!

OP
I
Pull test on the strap for the binos broke at 312lbs (I guessed 300lbs so I was close), yes he tested it 😂 I’d say that’s durable!
I honestly don't think I will have any issues with this bino adapter. I think he hit it out of the park with this one. But time will tell

I ordered the Wiser BA-7 last week. On my EL 12x50s I have the Outdoorsman stud, but prefer the RRS poly Cinch. I’m looking forward to the BA-7.

twall13

WKR
I've been using the Outdoorsman adapter on my Binos for years and love it. I recently picked up a pair of Meopta 15x56's and discovered that, even though I have an Outdoorsman stud installed, I can't use it with them. I have a narrow interpupilar distance and the width of the Binos Stud won't let me close the Binos all the way. It's just enough to cause double vision for me. I picked up the Wiser mount and it seems to have solved my issue. I need to spend some more time in the field with it but it's a quality piece of equipment and I don't foresee any issues.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
Will the binos slip into a harness easily still?
It doesn't seem to be a problem for me in my old AGC harness.
2f483d0ae8781c0ce131a05c18739716.jpg
88a6af71d4188a62ef69a8a75cc3d6ae.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Will the binos slip into a harness easily still?
Should slip into any harness, unless you’re already undersized compared to the binos you are running that’s the only setback I’d see. We tested multiple binos in multiple harnesses and they all slipped in and out no problem. As long as your harness is sized accordingly to your binos I don’t see there ever being an issue on fitment.

sndmn11

WKR
Should slip into any harness, unless you’re already undersized compared to the binos you are running that’s the only setback I’d see. We tested multiple binos in multiple harnesses and they all slipped in and out no problem. As long as your harness is sized accordingly to your binos I don’t see there ever being an issue on fitment.

Are you a Wiser guy?

Are you a Wiser guy?
Not a wiser guy, but he is my friend and lives 15min away so we have some local tinkering sessions on some stuff to see if there’s any input for changes or improvements on stuff. With this specifically we had a bunch of binos harnesses and binos seeing how universal this part was, and it did pretty well! Obviously it’s going to fit some better than others, but across the board as mentioned earlier it does much better than the competition!

Just got my sparrow in the mail today, love that it mounts in the center of the binos, this always bugged me about my aziak.

For those with a dual bridge bino like the swaro EL, you’ll have to unthread the strap to get it around, which the directions clearly say NOT to do, and I know why now haha. It’s a bit tough to get the strap back through the tensioning rod if you pull it all the way out, I did get it back in though and installed on my ELs.

I also noticed the contour of the aluminum base is a tighter radius than my ELs and I worrry the edges are gonna dig into the armor and permanently dent them. We’ll see what happens.

Overall they are slick and I love that in the bino harness the sparrow kinda pushes them forward a tiny bit and actually helps with gripping them and pulling them out of the harness while still being very smooth in and out. I also love the trekking pole hole to throw them up quick if in a pinch.

9dcdafe0e41cb54e56d8aae5879e908f.jpg

0df8510a6e902fd818944fc186fc4857.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

180ls1

WKR
How are people liking this off a trekking pole?

I know its a compromise compared to a tripod but does it shake around lose on the end or is it much of an "upgrade" over putting the binos on the handle end?

Hnthrdr

WKR
This thing looks slick! I ended up grabbing the tricer mount for the NL’s which was nice but also twice the price and only works for that bino… and it seems to sit out in the end of the tube and less in the middle. For 40 bucks this thing definitely looks like the ticket

How are people liking this off a trekking pole?

I know its a compromise compared to a tripod but does it shake around lose on the end or is it much of an "upgrade" over putting the binos on the handle end?

I’ve tried it on black diamond as well as cascade mountain tech poles. It works best on the cascade poles but totally serviceable on the black diamond. I can pan left and right using my eyes to move the binos and keep my hands down lower on the pole supported by my knees for more stability. For me it’s quite a bit steadier than on the handle
0200842cf5261b95c8e4314002ea161a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk