Razor gen 1 vs PST gen 2!!

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
This might be a dumb question but figured I’d ask anyway. I’m building a tikka semi custom 7saum long range deer/elk gun, (alittle steel shooting as well) and I got a good deal on a vortex razor gen 1, I’m not a huge fan of how heavy it is and I don’t like the color at all. I’ve heard great things about the pst gen 2, is the razor THAT much better than a pst gen 2? Or should I sell the razor and pick up the pst gen 2 and then use the left over money to put towards a range finder or maybe a new trigger for the build? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bojangles21

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
In my experience, the PST G2 is better than the Razor G1.

I wouldn't hesitate. Sell the older G1 and get the newer PST G2, along with the range finder.

In what ways? I’m just trying to get some info so I don’t loose out on a nicer scope ya know.

IMHO, the PST G2 series was built to replace the older Razor G1 line. They have lower profile turrets, they are lighter, the glass looks the same when I look through them, and the PST G2 line has multiple magnification ranges available.

I prefer the PST G2 series to the Razor G2 series for my hunting rifles. My Razor G2 scopes stay on my range and competition rifles where weight isn't much of a factor.

OP
Bojangles21

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
IMHO, the PST G2 series was built to replace the older Razor G1 line. They have lower profile turrets, they are lighter, the glass looks the same when I look through them, and the PST G2 line has multiple magnification ranges available.

I prefer the PST G2 series to the Razor G2 series for my hunting rifles. My Razor G2 scopes stay on my range and competition rifles where weight isn't much of a factor.

Seems to make sense. They look pretty slick as to all the stuff they offer and how low profile they are

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
This might be a dumb question but figured I’d ask anyway. I’m building a tikka semi custom 7saum long range deer/elk gun, (alittle steel shooting as well) and I got a good deal on a vortex razor gen 1, I’m not a huge fan of how heavy it is and I don’t like the color at all. I’ve heard great things about the pst gen 2, is the razor THAT much better than a pst gen 2? Or should I sell the razor and pick up the pst gen 2 and then use the left over money to put towards a range finder or maybe a new trigger for the build? Thanks!

At the risk of repacking this all over....

Of the two the Gen 1 Razor is more reliable, and will track and adjust better. However both have a relatively high failure rate. I’ve used a dozen plus of both and everyone has needed servicing at some point.

I wouldn’t use choose to use either one as at thier price points scopes that actually work are available.

matthewmt

WKR
At the risk of repacking this all over....

Of the two the Gen 1 Razor is more reliable, and will track and adjust better. However both have a relatively high failure rate. I’ve used a dozen plus of both and everyone has needed servicing at some point.

I wouldn’t use choose to use either one as at thier price points scopes that actually work are available.
Are any of the gen 2 PST capped turret/bdc models, And if so have they failed as well?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
Bojangles21

Bojangles21

Lil-Rokslider
Are any of the gen 2 PST capped turret/bdc models, And if so have they failed as well?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

The whole pst line is exposed turrets. I’ve only heard great things about the pst gen 2.