Re: Lacrosse 1600 gram boots

Awhile back someone posted a link to a sale where you could get the Lacross4 Alphaburly 1600 gram boots for $100. I picked up a pair figuring that I can use them for hunting in deer in Kansas and Nebraska.

Used them during Kansas rifle season this year and was thoroughly disappointed. The outside temperatures ranged from the 20s to the 40s. My feet were always cold. Reached out to Lacrosse during the hunt to see what I am doing wrong. Their response was along the lines of they apologize and the boots are covered by warranty. This was not the response that I was looking for.

For more active hunts I'd have used my Arctic Shield boot covers. This was just walk a short distance to the stand and wait so I figured the Lacrosse boots would have worked well.

Any tips for making this boots work?

My guess is sweaty feet. My feet sweat in mine. They are rubber after all. A liner sock helped. I use the smartwool liner socks.

I bought a pair for a Saskatchewan hunt last fall and fortunately tagged out 3 hrs in. I hunted the other day low 20s, wore darn tough with a heavier sock on top and my feet were still cold. I could have sat all day but not what I expected for 1600 gram. Regardless I think they are decent for the price my last pair lasted 8 years before the dry rotted.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
I would almost guarantee your feet were sweating and that's why you didn't find them to be warm. Wear a liner sock only in to the stand, once you get on stand, put on your pair of heavier wool socks and you should notice a significant difference.

I have the 1000g boots, and my feet were cold during a duck hunt. I was going to upgrade to the 1600g. But I don't remember what socks I had on...

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 1600s too and I haven't found a situation that I can wear them. My feet sweat too much so I much prefer to wear my 800s.