Read about it but never thought it would happen to me

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
Been shooting my Uukha Selenga limbs for months getting ready for season which starts in less than a month and tonight I hear a funny noise. I let down, start looking and what do you know! My bottom limb is cracking! These things better have a decent warranty policy and I’m flipping angry! I was shooting so well and had this thing dialed in for me.

Attachments

• 607BED21-21B2-43B7-ADCB-63EBA8C83A47.jpeg
    607BED21-21B2-43B7-ADCB-63EBA8C83A47.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 6AFE98ED-96EC-48C4-8AB3-1E9D933D880B.jpeg
    6AFE98ED-96EC-48C4-8AB3-1E9D933D880B.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 142

dlee56

WKR
Brutal man... fill up their inbox. That 2021 line from Uukha has been garbage quality

OP
Squints08

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
Emails sent to both manufacture and retailer. I still have my Bob Lee on hand and a Sauk Trail custom inbound in a few weeks but WTF. Frustrating to the highest degree.

Rob5589

WKR
Man, glad you caught it in time. Based on the multiple accounts of breakage, no way would I look at anything Uukha.

oldgoat

WKR
Yeah, but still better than your bow sitting on the ground after your finishing setting up camp after hiking your crap a mile back into elk camp and you hear a snap and look over to see your bow tip over sideways with a delaminated limb. Then hike back out and drive home to get another bow and then drive back and hike back to camp, was a long day, luckily we only live about seventy miles away. It sucks, but at least you got some time!

OP
Squints08

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
I’m definitely not dead in the water fortunately. Uukha responded telling me to contact my dealer. The email to Alternative Archery (who I bought the limbs from) said expect a response in 2-3 weeks. Ridiculous customer service.

Rob5589

WKR
I’m definitely not dead in the water fortunately. Uukha responded telling me to contact my dealer. The email to Alternative Archery (who I bought the limbs from) said expect a response in 2-3 weeks. Ridiculous customer service.
I've read their cs is solid. But really, if you wanna pay 40% less ordering over seas you have to expect less than stellar cs if a problem arises.

OP
Squints08

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely saved some coin ordering from them and being a teacher I appreciate the money saved. Took a bit longer to ship but I was okay with that too. My beef is not with the seller; it’s with the manufacturer. Your product is defective and you construct nonsensical barriers to inhibit contact and responsibility. In honor of Homer Simpson: 🧀 eating surrender 🙉

I had a pair of samick limbs delaminate before I bought my Selengas. Alternative took care of it in a week, just sent them pics and they sent me new limbs.

OP
Squints08

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
That’s sounds promising. How have your Selengas been holding up? What limb length, weight and draw length if you don’t mind sharing?

Heath423

Lil-Rokslider
Hope it all gets resolved quickly and properly. Sounds like you have a back up bow fortunately.

OP
Squints08

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a response from Alternative Archery. Here it is and I'll get them this info later this evening.

For any Uukha related issues we need to submit a warranty for with the
factory.

To do this we need the following information from you.

- Photos (max 3) clearly showing the fault. Each photo must be max size 1MB
or we have to resize them ourselves.
- A brief description of the fault.
- The original order number.
- The serial number of the limbs.

Once received we will submit the Uukha warranty form and wait for the
official response from the factory. Normally 1-2 working days.

Normally they will ask for the items to be returned for inspection so we
will issue return shipping labels / documents via UPS at no extra cost.

OP
Squints08

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
New update. Alternative Archery emailed me stating that Uukha has authorized the return of my broken limbs. They provided me with a prepaid UPS label and directions on how to send them back. However, the message contained no information on replacement limbs. WTF?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Let them know your situation.

Alternative Archery,

I appreciate you taking care of this and helping to get a resolution. I am happy to send these in but if I dont have another set of limbs in the next week my year is over and I wont be able to hunt or shoot in my league. Can we talk about getting a set of limbs sent out asap so I dont have to miss out?

Send that to them. See what they say =)

OP
Squints08

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
I did send them something similar to that after I received the message with the return information this morning. The biggest problem in this situation is it takes Alternative Archery roughly a week to respond to emails. Here is a copy of what their automatic reply is when you message them:

Thank you for your email.

RESPONSE TIMES:
Orders - Next working day
Emails - 7 days

Due to the recent holidays combined with high volumes of orders there is a delay on email answering. We are working to improve this service. In the meantime we apologise for any inconvenience. Once we have worked through this backlog we normally expect to answer all emails by next working day where possible.

PLEASE NOTE THAT ORDERS ARE UNAFFECTED - All orders received will continue to have priority and will be handled by next working day. All available staff are working on processing and shipping orders.

Our office hours are 6am-5pm Monday to Friday except staff holidays, UK Bank Holidays, and the Christmas / New Year period.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards

freddyG

WKR
Saving money usually has a price. Unfortunately, you are finding this out right before you need to use them.

mjh

FNG
I had a Dryad limb brake on me in late July, I think they were past warranty, but not by much. Really I didn't bother to check with the change in ownership. Ordered a new set of limbs from Lancaster Archery had them by then end of the week and didn't look back. I'm hunting with them this season, if I ever get out. Works a you know what right now.

OP
Squints08

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
Update. My broken limbs have been received at Alternative Archery and forwarded to the Uukha factory. Supposedly once they are at the Uukha factory I should receive a new set of limbs within 2-3 weeks. We'll see how long it actually takes and this process started on September 8.