Rebarrel my Rem 700 Sendero 7MM STW to 7 PRC?

bucknbass

FNG
Classified Approved
I've got a Rem 700 Sendero in 7MM STW in a McMillan stock that shoots lights out but it's a 26" barrel and I've gone to shooting with a suppressor in the last couple of years. Pretty long rig with the supressor.

Don't really want to cut the STW down a bunch.

Sell the STW and buy a 7 PRC or rebarrel?

If I rebarrel anyone know an awesome smith in AL, GA, TN or KY? I don't mind shipping but would like to drive it there and get a couple of other jobs done at the same time.

rcook10

WKR
If you like how the rifle fits a rebarrel makes a lot of sense. Not a huge market for STW at this point so it'll be swing or miss if you can get what you want for it.

B23

WKR
Unless you have a lot of rounds down the pipe I'd hit the easy button and just have a few inches lopped off the end, thread it, and screw your suppressor on and use up the rest of the barrel life.

If the barrel is past it's best days then a rebarrel makes sense and the new 7 PRC would be a good choice.

Just make sure to check with the manufacture of whoever made your suppressor and see what the shortest length of barrel you can go with for whatever cartridge you decide on.

OP
bucknbass

bucknbass

FNG
Classified Approved
Hey gixxerbob,

OK, I would sell it either way, with or without the stock. I do have the original stock for it too. Also have brass and dies I can sell with it if you are a reloader.

It's a great gun and a tack driver.

Do you have a price in mind?

Thanks,
David

gixxerbob

FNG
im too new to PM you, but can you pm me?
id like some pics, estimated round count down the tube, qty of brass to go along with it....

davsco

WKR
i f'd around with my rem 700 custom shop 7stw and then ended up rebarreling it but didn't like the result.

i'd keep that bad boy, 7stw is so classic, and just get or build a 7prc from components (eg tikka receiver, proof barrel, altitude stock etc).