Recommend me some rain gear

Jeremybj

FNG
Greetings to all,

I am in the market for some rain gear. I plan on using it for hunting and tactical matches. I am looking for something that is lightweight and packable.

I am looking for some recommendations on what to go for. I would like to keep it under $100 for the top, and $100 for the bottom if possible.

I have looked at the Frabill Stow series, but am not sure if it will stand up to hunting conditions.

Any advice would be great, also sizing is important if I order online so recommendations there would be appreciated. I am 6'3'' - 230 lbs.

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

What regions and how harsh is the terrain you are planning on using it? $200 total may not be enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Sylo rain gear comes up on Camofire every once in a while for $200 for top and bottom. It is very similar to Core4Element. Give them a call to see if they have any left. Other than that, I really like my First Lite Stormtight set, but it is a lot more than $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't need camo, take a look at Sierra Trading Post. They have pretty good deals on rain gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should have been more specific, sorry. just rain downfall is about the worst I experience, so not super harsh, but I don't want them to fall apart if I crawl around.

I am not necessarily looking for game, solid color is fine with me.

So am I understanding the Frabill, likely not what I am looking for?

I have a multicam ECWCS shell that I got for about $60 that has held up pretty well. It's not quiet but its a decent shell

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have a new with tags kryptek poseidon rain pant in size XL I'd sell for around your price range. It's the Kryptek highlander pattern.

Of you don't mind gray, check out Core4element Torrent on Amazon right now, if you want camo, check out same on BlackOvis.com

(I just picked up a Torrent jacket, but haven't had an opportunity to use it much, seems well made)

Back