Recommendations for 2nd Career

41 yo. Been in corporate world since college

Looking for something that offers ALL of the following:

-pays decent money
-does not require going back to school
-can be done remotely from anywhere
-offers freedom to take time off/work when I want

Thanks in advance for any serious ideas, and for any clever and humorous remarks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Por..... - Nevermind.

Shift work in the Gulf of Mexico hits three of those. Maybe only two.

You don't list any skills, but writing code would meet all four. If you can stand that sort of thing (I can't).

justin84

Lil-Rokslider
You sound like a millennial :LOL:

All kidding aside, that's a hard question to answer without knowing what experience you have. I'm sure you could find statistics on industries that tend to offer more flexible benefits like you listed.

zacattack

WKR

-pays decent money

Thanks in advance for any serious ideas, and for any clever and humorous remarks

Maybe start playing the lottery

eamyrick

WKR
I’ve considered getting a masters and teaching online classes. A retired game warden I know makes decent money teaching troops taking online criminal justice classes. Tons of freedom.

How about being a shepherd? (as noted in the wonderful comedy, Fletch).
I am actually at this crossroads as well...

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
I think there really are no jobs that would meet all of your conditions. 1 and 2 can be done together. 3 is more difficult but 4 is the breaker. Jobs that meet the first 3 conditions tend to carry significant responsibility. Somewhere up the line there will be someone with a deadline or a budget issue demanding your attention. Contrary to popular belief, owning a business does not give you more freedom. It is possible to build a business to that level but your free time will be dependent on the competence of those you employ, and it is shocking how incompetent employees can be when the boss is in the Mountains.

I think the answer is the same as the old joke about how to get rich. "First, get a million dollars." You might need to adjust that figure for inflation.

fmyth

WKR

-pays decent money

Do you have any specific knowledge that could help others? For the last 13 years I've created and sold online training courses, coaching, marketing systems and field training for real estate brokers/agents and contractors. I have no office, no employees and no obligation to continue past tomorrow if I decide to completely retire. I typically work a couple days a week, spend summers away (too hot in AZ) and hunt wherever and whenever I can draw tags. All I need is my laptop, internet and a few hours a week. If you have any interest in starting a web based business I'd recommend you buy Russel Brunsons books "Expert Secrets" and "Dotcom Secrets". I'd be happy to take 10 min to answer any questions you may have about my journey but I have nothing to sell to you or any other Rockslide members. This place is where I come to escape from anything business related.

fmyth

WKR
Do you have any specific knowledge that could help others? For the last 13 years I've created and sold online training courses, coaching, marketing systems and field training for real estate brokers/agents and contractors. I have no office, no employees and no obligation to continue past tomorrow if I decide to completely retire. I typically work a couple days a week, spend summers away (too hot in AZ) and hunt wherever and whenever I can draw tags. All I need is my laptop, internet and a few hours a week. If you have any interest in starting a web based business I'd recommend you buy Russel Brunsons books "Expert Secrets" and "Dotcom Secrets". I'd be happy to take 10 min to answer any questions you may have about my journey but I have nothing to sell to you or any other Rockslide members. This place is where I come to escape from anything business related.
I should also mention that although I didn't "go back to school", I do read a dozen or more books, attend a couple live training events, and complete several web based trainings each year. I am a firm believer that you have to learn more to earn more.