Recommendations on In-Ear Earpro

Teebs

FNG
I'm looking for a pair of active hearing protection earbuds that I can wear while hunting. Normally, I wear Howard Leight Impact Sports, but I don't like that they interfere with hooded jackets, impact cheek weld, and have godawful wind noise.

I think I may end up getting a pair of Walker Silencer 2.0 BTs. From what I can tell, they're supposed to be decent.
I've also heard the Otto NoizeBarrier Micros are excellent, but at >$400, they're a bit more expensive than I'm willing to spend.

Does anybody have feedback on either the Walkers or the Ottos? Alternatively, are there any other brands I should be considering?

OP
T

Teebs

FNG
ISOtunes are another, dunno how they stack up to walkers but could probably find some reviews
I'd looked at ISOtunes as well. Based on subjective feedback that I've seen on forums like this, the ISOtunes are supposed to be decent, but people tend to prefer the Walkers.

gburk

WKR
Any update on this? Did you end up getting the walkers? Going on a hunt soon where I’ll need to hear and don’t expect to have time to plug up.

Dos XX

WKR
Etymotic gun blasts. I think the Otto's might be rebranded etymotics, but not positive.

You do get wind noise. Not sure how you would get around that with active in ears?

Honyock

WKR
Axil GS Extreme 2.0 is what I've used at the range and hunting and I have been very pleased. You forget you have them on.

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
Not only are the Axil good and comfortable, but they sound very familiar to me coming from the Howard Leights as well. Good stereo image.

I've used walker over ears a couple times and to me the stereo image is horrible. My buddy wears Walkers over ears as well coyote hunting and he can never tell what direction sounds are coming from. Can't speak to their in-ears but I personally wouldn't try them.

learl

Lil-Rokslider
I would pass on the Walkers, maybe I got a faulty pair but they made a constant static background noise while sitting in my living room.

I’ve been using 3m Peltor TEP-100s at the range and waterfowl/turkey hunting for the past year and like them a lot. They give good spatial awareness and they’re comparable to the Howard Leights with wind. You can also get stick-on windscreens which I haven’t tried yet.

OP
T

Teebs

FNG
Any update on this? Did you end up getting the walkers? Going on a hunt soon where I’ll need to hear and don’t expect to have time to plug up.
I ended up buying a pair of the Walker Silencer 2.0 BTs. I bought them at Sportsman's Warehouse, but they were willing to price match Midway USA at $149.

I've worn them on several lengthy duck hunts and a trip to an outdoor range. So far, I've been pretty happy with them. They're comfortable enough that I don't mind wearing them with the medium sized plugs. With the amplification, I can hear as well, if not better than if I'm not wearing them. Sound suppression has been more than adequate for outdoor use. I wasn't bothered when some guy showed up at the range bay next to me with a compensated AR10. No issues with battery life.

The only downside is that the wind noise can be pretty bad when out hunting, but I've found that a headscarf like this can serve as a very effective wind screen.