Recommended mountain boots for large feet

Good day gentlemen, here to ask about boot recommendations from you guys with size 14/15 feet that have spent some extended time in the bush sheep hunting/guiding.
Gave up on Kentreks after going through multiple boots and having failures in the field with leaking and leather deformation, and rand/toe separation. Kenetreks were a little loose in the heel and my foot is about a size 14.5 EE.
I need a boot that can stay dry and tough to get through a season of guiding.
Can't just run to the store or order a pair online when out there for months straight.
Recently ordered a pair of Schnees Granite Pro to try and looking for other solid recommendations to order and try on before heading out.

TheHammer

WKR
A gentleman I met at a moose camp who was quite large, like 6’10” but he was Canadian knowing little outside of metrics so there was a bit of a dialect gap. This individual was a guide, he swore up n down that scarpa was the only thing that would hold up. I wear a 13 and his print made mine look infantile. I’m not sure if their quality or offerings today.

Good day gentlemen, here to ask about boot recommendations from you guys with size 14/15 feet that have spent some extended time in the bush sheep hunting/guiding.
Gave up on Kentreks after going through multiple boots and having failures in the field with leaking and leather deformation, and rand/toe separation. Kenetreks were a little loose in the heel and my foot is about a size 14.5 EE.
Can't just run to the store or order a pair online when out there for months straight.
Recently ordered a pair of Schnees Granite Pro to try and looking for other solid recommendations to order and try on before heading out.
I'm in your situation... were a 14, the Kenetreks are loose in the heel and couldn't wear them. Right now I am wearing Lowas and HanWags... not sure of the models right off... I am also using sheepfeet insoles. Boots in our sizes don't come easy.. if a company does make them, no one carries them to try on. :(

Hoffman is the other boot I would put in the Schnees category.

I have 6 year old Beartooth mids that are 14W and too small now, I somehow went up to a 15, but I still wear them in the rain because I know I’ll be dry.

Lowa, Lathrop, Crispi will leak just a question of when and how bad. I don’t think Crispi goes that big either.

I didn’t know Scarpa went big enough, most European boots top out at 47.5 or 48 which doesn’t come close for me.

Marble

WKR
I wear a 15 mostly now. I can fit in some 14s but it's tight so I end up getting a 15. I'll add that in a standard width.

The best boot I have found in the last 3 years is the Lowa Renegade uninsulated. Full gain leather, good support, didn't hurt my feet. Been wearing them since 2021. I've got 2 years of archery deer, turkey season, archery and rifle elk and pig/ predator hunting here in CA. I was using them 3-5 times a week and am amazed at how they have held up. They are pretty darn ugly by now. Wife by accident choose the same boots. She loves hers too.

Toughest boot I have owned. Still dry when I get in water. I clean and oil them regularly.

I also have crispi Nevada insulated and noninsulated. They are really good too but I prefer my Lowa. The crispi are pretty heavy and stiffer than Lowa, but still very comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
Y
I also wore beartooth in 14w and have now gone to the granite in 15.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
How much room do you have up by your big toe with the 15's? Were the 14 W too narrow? I ordered a pair of Granite Pro 14 W and they rub the side of my big toe.

kcm2

WKR
I like them a lot. So far, so good. I haven't given them any serious 10-12 mile mtn hikes but that's coming up soon. They fit fine, and you learn to rock them when you walk. Everything fits, including the height of my arches as I've got both wide and high volume feet. And no matter what I do, a toenail does not get near the front of the boot. I lost 4 toenails in 2021 on my elk hunt and had blisters that lasted better than 2 months. So, the cost of the boot was minimal after that.

OP
Y
Just finished a season of guiding in the mountains with the Lathrops, they seemed to hold up better than the kenetreks and seemed to have greater ankle support. Can’t speak too much on waterproofing, oiled them a couple times before season but they seemed to get wet pretty easy. Bought some sealskinz socks and forgot to worry about wet feet. Highly recommend those socks to anybody in the backcountry. Hope everyone had a good season.

Crosser05

FNG
Slightly larger than most 13W’s here. Traditional kenetreks mtn extreme chewed my feet up. Heels mainly even after break in, hardscrabblers were worse. I had the best luck with Crispi Nevadas, toe box is great. Had good luck with Schnees timberlines too.