Boots for Summer?

namntM

FNG
I am looking for some new boots, six or eight inch for my summer outings into heavily forested areas. Any recommendation for a boot that is rugged yet gives good air transfer for release of heat while at the same time maintaining an excellent waterproofing? My feet sweat a lot so it's tough for me to find a boot that gets rid of that moisture effectively so to keep my feet dry and as cool as possible in the summer heat.

mgmicky

FNG
I really like leather lined boots for warm weather because they just seem to breathe better than GTX boots. They are waterproof enough for me where I hunt/hike in the Appalachians. There don’t seem to be a ton of options though. I have 2 pairs of Lowas that I really like—one is going on 5 years of pretty hard use. If I know I’m going to be in swampy or wet snow, I go the the GTX boots

Reactions: pc3

Frank Grimes

Lil-Rokslider
If you have sweaty feet, use leather lined boots and wool socks. I very rarely wear boots that are waterproof or insulated. Only in the winter when it’s cold. Leather lined boots seem to dry way faster if they get soaked, and in the summer who cares if your feet get abit wet. Your feet will be way happier if they can breathe properly.

_jeff_

FNG
Completely waterproof and good breathability are hard to get together. I wear schnee timberlines and have been happy with them. I feel the sympatex lining they use breathes better and keeps my feet dryer than gortex. I also like to wear Solomon x-ultra boots with no waterproofing if it’s really hot.

pc3

WKR
I purchsed a set of Hanwag Yukons (leather lined) for this purpose. I'll use them hopefully in the Eastern Cape Africa 2025, my Lowa Tibet High's with their gortex will be to hot/high for the Eastern Cape.

I also have a set of unused Lowa GTX Extreme high insulated boots (not sure they make these anymore) on hand that I picked up on special along with the tibets when on Holiday in Montana (Whitefish of Kallipspell I forget) in 2014......I'd like to make it to Tajakistan for MP sheep one day, I figure I subconsciously I bought the insulated Lowas for that trip :D