Reflective Tree Markers

Rokwiia

WKR
In the past, I've used FireTacks to mark a tree so I can easily get into and out of the woods at night. I've heard of people using reflective paracord and draping it on tree branches or putting reflective tape on clothespins that would be clipped onto thin branches.

What type of reflective markers/products have you used that you are pleased with?

https://firetacks.com/

Sconnie42

FNG
I've been using the HME Trail Marking Tacks for the past couple of years. I like the tacks better than marking tape when it's dark out. Easy to see.

LostArra

WKR
Reflective trailer tape (Tractor Supply) on clothes pins works well.

If I have a pre-hung stand (private land) I will use reflective tent cord (Niteline or Glowire) as a tow/bow rope and it can be seen for 100 yards with a small headlamp.

One year (before gps apps) a friend drew a weekend deer tag on a secure military base that has a large deer population but very limited access. Scouting on Thursday afternoon he placed reflective tacks on tree trunks to the stand he hung. The next morning he turned on his headlamp to find that every tree as far as he could see had reflective tacks going in every direction from previous hunters. He sat until sun up to find his stand.

I have used a product called limb lights the last few years. They are twist ties with orange on one side and reflective on the other. Unlike tacks they could be easily placed on brush and branches and seen from both sides of the tree. Seems like they are hard to come by now but are a great product.

Backyard

WKR
I have used a product called limb lights the last few years. They are twist ties with orange on one side and reflective on the other. Unlike tacks they could be easily placed on brush and branches and seen from both sides of the tree. Seems like they are hard to come by now but are a great product.
^^This^^
And easier to carry than a tack.

I get so tired of picking up tape that is left by hunters. Please do your homework beforehand and know the area you’re hunting. Please don’t litter.

Antares

WKR
Maybe I’m in the minority, but I think flagging is crutch. If you can’t get in and out without relying on flagging I think you’re asking for trouble. Plus, it makes a mess. My pockets are always full of old flagging (I leave it if it looks fresh because I don’t want some dingleberry getting lost because I ruined his exit strategy).

I carry a little flagging for blood tracking. Thankfully, I’ve never had to use it (touch wood).

Mosby

WKR
Trail markers can really make life easier when you are walking in 6 foot laurel at 5 am trying to find your tree stand in Pennsylvania. Most areas don't need it but I don't judge people for using it.

My father was a disabled vet with only one eye. His vision wasn't great and it was easier for him and safer to have his trail marked. If guys need it to hunt, so be it but they should take it down on their way out.

gabenzeke

WKR
I hunt out of a saddle using srt. So I leave a loop of reflective paracord in my sets so I can see them from a distance. But I use onx to get close if needed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

another option is reflective yarn.i walked into a known spot and decided to go further in and set up a climber stand.phone died and reflective tacks saved me from a long walk out but are pricey for the amount you get.i use flag tape for tracking and always take out with me when done. guys use toilet paper too was told because it washes out.reflective tacks work better for me when using a hand held flashlight or using a headlamp in hand. not sure why but ive walked by markers when the headlamp is on my head. i always scan way ahead and confirm before moving too much because you can rely on them and get turned around. years back they use to sell brown and green colored reflective tacks.if your using a red or green L.E.D. headlamp the markers wont work so good.

JDJHNTR

FNG
I’ve recently been using some safety orange plastic mini clothes pin type.
I really like them a lot and have never broken on.