Release agent for glass bedding???

Macintosh

WKR
Thread is 4 years old and OP hasnt been on since then, but for posterity:
Johnsons paste wax is great and easy to find anywhere.
The brownells aerosol release agent is really good, I particularly like it for screws and other funny shaped stuff or tiny stuff where it’s hard to get paste wax into corners, etc. as well as for coating modeling clay that I have used to fill in concavities that I dont want bedding to get into.
hornady one -shot also works great.
The blue gunk that comes with the kits is dog poo. Not that it doesn’t work, it’s just much much harder to work with. Way too much of a pain in the rear for me.
Most mild solvents will take all this stuff off. Acetone dissolves a lot of epoxy products, so I would not personally choose acetone as a solvent around bedding unless I was certain it had no effect on the particular bedding compound I used.

Last edited:

amassi

WKR
Thread is 4 years old and OP hasnt been on since then, but for posterity:
Johnsons paste wax is great and easy to find anywhere.
The brownells aerosol release agent is really good, I particularly like it for screws and other funny shaped stuff or tiny stuff where it’s hard to get paste wax into corners, etc.
hornady one -shot also works great.
The blue gunk that comes with the kits is dog poo. Not that it doesn’t work, it’s just much much harder to work with. Way too much of a pain in the rear for me.
Most mild solvents will take all this stuff off. Acetone dissolves a lot of epoxy products, so I would not personally choose acetone as a solvent around bedding unless I was certain it had no effect on the particular bedding compound I used.

Johnson’s paste wax has been discontinued a few years now. There’s a tub on E-bay for $190 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macintosh

WKR
Holy heck, really? Guess my tub is $$$ then! Any carnauba-based paste wax like that should do the same then. Easy enough to test before committing your action to it. The aerosol release and one-shot work really well, they are just more $ and hassle to get.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Johnson’s paste wax has been discontinued a few years now. There’s a tub on E-bay for $190 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting, I still have a tub from a bedding job a few years ago. Almost threw it out when I moved.