Sold Rem 700 Mountain 7mm-08 Kampfeld Custom w/ McMillan Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Reluctantly selling my Remington 700 Mountain Rifle in 7mm-08. The rifle sits in a very rare McMillan Edge stock inletted for the DBM and mountain rifle barrel contour. The color is a nice olive green with black specs. This is another rifle I sent to Karl Kampfeld for some of his magic. He fluted the bolt, cerakoted the bolt, action and barrel, and then bedded the BA in the McMillan Edge stock. It came out looking like a million bucks. The rifle also has a trigger that’s been worked over by 805. It breaks nicely at 1 lb 14 oz. Andy does an amazing job on these Walker-style triggers!

Here are the specs:
  • McMillan stock weight – 25.3 oz.
  • Total weight less Talley mounts – 5lbs. 12.7 oz.
  • Length – 41.5”
  • LOP – 13.5”
  • Barrel length – 22” (I do not know the twist. It’s a factory barrel)
The barrel has no date code stamped on the barrel. Remington stopped stamping date codes from Aug 1999 through September 2001. This bolt has no J-lock, and J-locks starting appearing in mid-2000. So this rifle was produced during the period August 1999 to mid-2000. It is a D-series CM barreled action. Karl did his usual awesome job. The bolt is fluted in the titanium pattern. The stock bedding is terrific – Karl is an artist when it comes to bedding. And his Cerakote work is top-shelf as well. The sale also includes the 30mm medium Talley Lightweight mounts.

The rifle looks new in the hand. The blemishes are very few and very small. It shoots 1 MOA with factory Barnes 120gr TTSX ammo. I have some of the Barnes ammo I can make available to the buyer. This is a great, lightweight rifle for slipping around in the woods or a mountain hunt. It would also be a great rifle for a female or youth hunter due to the ultralight weight and short overall length. I really don’t want to sell it, but life happens and I just spent over $3K on the daughter’s BMW. (I should have bought American!) So the kitty needs to be refilled. I don’t know the exact round count, but estimating less than 100 by the cosmetic condition when I bought it.

$1,950 shipped in the Lower 48. $50 more to Alaska. With every day, garden variety 700 mountain rifles selling for $1,300-1,600 now, there is no way you could ever build this rifle for my asking price. The rifle will ship from an individual to your FFL with appropriate ID enclosed. I have 28 photos showing every angle. Let me know if you need additional photos or have questions I can answer. Thanks for looking!

Keith

IMG_5232.jpgIMG_5233.jpgIMG_5201.jpgIMG_5203.jpgIMG_5207.jpgIMG_5210.jpgIMG_5213.jpgIMG_5214.jpgIMG_5215.jpgIMG_5226.jpg

7mm-08

WKR
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
You have some beautiful rifles, Keith. I'm still kicking myself for not buying the .280 you advertised here in January. GLWS

7mm-08

WKR
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Funny you should say that - last one I bought was a beautiful Remington Ti in (of course) 7mm-08 from Oregonmuley here a spell back. My wife thinks five (essentially exact) rifles in the same caliber is sufficient - go figure! If this rifle had the same credentials as your .280, I'd be sending you money yesterday. GLWS

Status
Not open for further replies.