Rem SA, Zeiss V4 & Hawkins Hybrid Clearance???

So I ordered a CA traverse in 6.5 Manbun for my wife.
For whatever reason CA sends it with a 0 moa rail and I was planning on using that with the Zeiss rings I already have.

Scope is the 4-16x44

Then it dawned on me I could sell the zeiss rings and get the hawkins hybrids.

I've read/heard people having issues with long actions and this rings scope combo as far as being able to adjust eye relief.

What about bolt handle clearance.

What say the members of Rokslide who has a Rem Sa/ Christensen with Hawkins Hybrid Lows and a V4 4-16x44?

Thanks in advance

travispe

FNG
I've got a V4 in the short Hybrids mounted on a SA Traverse. I'll snap some pics this evening so you can see for yourself. Eye relief is fine for me when shooting prone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bater

WKR
D3F1B705-E095-4952-9CEF-27A9037586C9.jpeg
You’ll be fine with the V4 in low Hybrids on your SA. With the SA you’ll have some latitude, much less with a LA based on the V4’s short mounting length.

travispe

FNG
Looks like Bater beat me to the pics. I also owe him another thanks for helping out when I was shopping for rings a couple months ago. Much prefer these over the original rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BRTreedogs
Thanks again.

I was all for using the rail but for the life of me can't figure out why its 0 moa.
Does the angle on the 20 cost that much more to machine?
Heck id rather the rifle not have one and just be $50 cheaper.

Anyways looks like its gonna shape up nicely.

Bater

WKR
Looks great, but…

Looks like your front is backwards and will cause stress on your tube based on the 25MOA cant being reversed. Or maybe they started canting the front opposite of all mine? If so disregard…

Last edited:

Bater

WKR
No biggie as long as it didn’t damage your tube. Looks like the V4 will fit in there better with your front swapped anyways.

Bater

WKR
Totally possible, if you double checked you are probably good to go

Bater

WKR
Yep, both ours are SA 700’s so I’d assume they would be the same. Kind of odd

HawkinsPrecision

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
They must of changed it.
There is no visible gaps or pinch and I'm positive I checked that one.

@HawkinsPrecision can you confirm or deny.
View attachment 359887View attachment 359888

This is the correct way to install the Short Actions. The Long Actions are flipped to allow folks to get more back and forth to set up eye relief. The short actions are opposite of the longs, you're good to go.

When anyone is installing Hybrids rings, just follow the directions and make sure the arrows on the bottom are pointing forward to the muzzle.

OP
BRTreedogs
So for anyone interested in a Traverse so far this seems to be a great little rifle.
We got a quick zero with her last week and made some sub moa hits at 300.

A couple days ago I put the Ultra 7 on it and re zeroed it and shot a sub .75 group 5 rounds.

That is a very small sample size but so far were very happy.

And even better she actually seems stoked to have her own rifle.
Even if I did tell her don't worry if she sees it bouncing around in my truck all the time😂
20220106_150113.jpg