Reminder on Forum Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super tag

WKR
This thread is a good reminder, and I appreciate it. I joined Rokslide after lurking for a while because it was refreshing and I loved to read and learn, but, honestly, lately it feels different and I’ve pulled back from participation because there are some on here that can’t just read and move on if they disagree, or cant interject an opposing opinion with dignity. it’s been more prevalent in the past several months, I swear there are some real immature comments made in threads that surprise me. If you disagree just move on don’t rant and offend, if you want to argue and belittle others because you see things differently, you shouldn’t be part of the thread. just my observations. I don have any other social media and never have, I joined Rokslide to enjoy forums that discuss hunting topics and mule deer, my one true love, not to read hatred and trash.

Cowbell

WKR
Does this mean all the threads on corner-crossing are gonna get banned? Because they talk negatively about greedy ranchers non-stop. The guy from NC has been called some really bad things.

What about poaching? Are we not allowed to talk about that now? That's running down people that are often yet to be found guilty in court.

I guess you need to take down any threads talking about the Wilks brothers and all the names they get called regularly.

Robbie, I respect you and appreciate your wisdom. But you guys need to be careful here. Banning people who take threads south is one thing. But not allowing the discussion is another. We are grown men and a few women here. We should be able to talk about anything related to hunting because this is the place where experts on these topics reside.

I understand that it's your site and your rules. But many of us have time and energy invested into relationships in here and it's all of our site as well because without us, this site isn't.

Just be careful. This is a slippery slope.

Michael54

WKR
I just wanna see the cliff test on any gear reviewed or sponsored.....nl pures -chuck em, new scope -see if it holds zero after it hits the bottom, guide service-sorry tommy but i hope you like base jumping........hell id probably pay for that subscription.....as far as the elkshape deal i didnt know who he was until i read it and got angry...its kinda like fox or cnn.. id rather not know and be happy *shrug*

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I will keep this short, leaving to go hunting in the AM.

It’s sad that we have a thread like this. It’s sad that we have grown ups that come on here and act like little babies. Most and when I say most it probably means you, talk tough online but few would actually say it to the persons face.

So if you want threads to stay up stop acting internet tough and start acting like a grown up.

But If you want to leave, GOOD! I loved it when Rokslide was a couple thousand members teaching, learning and helping each other become better hunters without all the drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I don't recall anyone forcing me to use this forum. In choosing to use this forum, privately owned and run, I am agreeing to play by their rules. By extension, should I disagree with those rules I have the freedom to choose another venue. Therein lies our freedom.
Rokslide owners, thank you for this platform.

Super tag

WKR
Censorship finds its way in……oh well.
Yes technically it is censorship.
If you had a business, and you had regular customers that came in daily to visit and patronize your place, friends and groups of people that came to visit, share knowledge, stories and enhance their day, but then you also had a handful of teenagers that came in every day and disrupted the environment, argued with the patrons, bullied, belittled, and unnecessarily created a hostile environment , would you “censor” them? Or would you allow it? Knowing that it was not healthy for your business and didn’t fit the environment you were trying to create? Just a question. Unfortunately, sometimes this kind of censorship is necessary and is for the benefit of the majority.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The anonymity of the Internet is trippy sometimes, people rarely would make the such harsh accusations or take the tone they do face-to-face
I hear that a lot......but IMO it's probably more skewed to the other side than you think. I believe that most guys on these sites are guys that are going to type what they want to say......as if they were standing there in person.

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
I hear that a lot......but IMO it's probably more skewed to the other side than you think. I believe that most guys on these sites are guys that are going to type what they want to say......as if they were standing there in person.
I hear ya. If people were as rude as they are online they would have absolutely no friends.

We will have to agree to disagree.

he is. talked to him today at length.

not sure who you think we're protecting, but do remember that we've protected plenty (more) unknown hunters on here from this stuff. Slander is not fair to anyone.
You guys have been throwing slander around pretty loosely. I don’t see how the thread in question even remotely meets the definition of slander. I also don’t see how an extremely small percentage of threads that call out illegal activity or deal with politics bring the site down. Your next move should be to delete threads that have to do with ethics, or poor shot placement. All the OP did was share his experience. Censorship like this is unfortunate, but becoming more and more common.

280Ackley

WKR
You guys have been throwing slander around pretty loosely. I don’t see how the thread in question even remotely meets the definition of slander. I also don’t see how an extremely small percentage of threads that call out illegal activity or deal with politics bring the site down. Your next move should be to delete threads that have to do with ethics, or poor shot placement. All the OP did was share his experience. Censorship like this is unfortunate, but becoming more and more common.
Your next move should be to find a new forum. You have got to be one of the most vocal, negative people on here.

Your next move should be to find a new forum. You have got to be one of the most vocal, negative people on here.
Are you the one that was asking for honey holes in Idaho? On a serious note, thats another sub group of threads that should be deleted or censored. Guys coming in and asking for honey holes in specific areas.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I hear ya. If people were as rude as they are online they would have absolutely no friends.

We will have to agree to disagree.
Most of my buddies can take it as well as they can dish it out......in person. That's just who we are. I've always told people that if I'm not giving them grief, then I probably don't like them.

I'd like to think that many on here are similar, but who knows with the world we live in today. I try to stay as genuine as I am.......in person or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.