Sold Remington Model Seven 270WSM Kampfeld Manners Custom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramblin99

WKR
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
This sale has mistake written all over it. But I’ve bought a few other rifles lately, and the one that’s been toward the back of the safe needs a new home to replenish the kitty. This Model Seven started life as a 270WSM chromoly rifle made in Oct 2006, which is the sweet spot period between J-locks and the Freedom Group purchase. The BA and an ultra-rare Manners UC stock for Model Seven was sent to Karl Kampfeld. Karl did the following:
  • Spiral-fluted the bolt in the Ti pattern
  • Skeletonized the bolt handle
  • Straight-fluted the barrel (ala XCR)
  • Cerakoted the BA and bottom metal
  • Tweaked the bedding and fitted the BA and Manners. Jon Beanland did the original pillar-bedding.
When it came back from Karl, I added a Timney trigger. Here are the specs:
  • Overall length: 41”
  • Barrel length: 22”
  • LOP: 13-3/8”
  • Stock weight: 19.0 ounces (amazing!)
  • Bare rifle weight: 5 lbs. 14 oz.
  • Timney pull weight: 2 lbs 10 oz.
It shoots 130gr TTSX handloads around 1/2 MOA. As I recall, factory ammo is about an inch. Cosmetically, the rifle is first class. The Cerakote is perfect, without blemish. The rifle will ship with the Talley 30mm medium Lightweights. The Kahles Helia 5 scope stays with me, unless you want it for $1,600.

There are no issues with the rifle. The Manners carbon fiber with light grey speckle stock is amazing. They cost about a $Grand from Manners, with a long wait. And it has Karl’s top-flight fit and finish all over it. I think I also added aftermarket bottom metal, but sometimes my memory is faulty. :-(

$2,250 shipped. Obviously I have more than that in it. But it’s time for the rifle to have a new owner. I have several boxes of ammo I can also sell to the buyer. If you’ve been wanting a Model Seven XCR, buy this one. You get the fluted barrel and a million other good reasons to buy this Seven instead of a bone-stock XCR with plastic camo stock. And my rifle is priced at about what you’ll pay for an XCR these days.

The rifle is cross-posted. The first public “I’ll Take It” gets it. Drop me a PM if you have questions. Thanks for looking.

Keith

IMG_5940.jpgIMG_5942.jpgIMG_5944.jpgIMG_5945.jpgIMG_5946.jpgIMG_5949.jpgIMG_5954.jpgIMG_5955.jpgIMG_5958.jpgIMG_5962.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.