Replacement String and cable

lmeyer

WKR
Does any one know of a good value replacement string and cable and where to get them? I have an old PSE Bruin that I want to put a new string and cable on. I took it to the local shop and they wanted $120 for the pair or $180 installed. The bow isn't worth that.I have access to a press to do the work.

Does any one know of a good value replacement string and cable and where to get them? I have an old PSE Bruin that I want to put a new string and cable on. I took it to the local shop and they wanted $120 for the pair or $180 installed. The bow isn't worth that.I have access to a press to do the work.
The best I have used is Mike from Catfish Customs. His strings are always right on specs and he will help you with any issues that may come up. This is a busy time of year for most string builders so it could take longer than normal. A normal three piece set in BCY X for a two track cam system with brass speed nocks is $85 shipped.

60X also does makes a good product. Usually around $100 depending on options of course.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
I would get in touch with 60x. They probably have it in stock. If you're looking for a custom color, they have a quick turnaround. Their strings have been 100% for me.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
I would get in touch with 60x. They probably have it in stock. If you're looking for a custom color, they have a quick turnaround. Their strings have been 100% for me.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
Me too. Done 3 strings from them. All have been perfect.

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve heard good things about buckslayer and catfish customs both. I got a set of strings from Twisted X strings and I really like them.

Vandal 44

WKR
I have installed Buckslayer string and cables on three different bows and they are holding up great after 2 years. I will be replacing my current bows factory string and cables with Buckslayer after this hunting season.

I have heard great thing about Catfish and Gas

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for 60X. I don't have a ton of experience with strings and cables yet but they are a lot better than the stock strings that came on mine. Zero peep rotation too, I was having a lot of issues with that on my old strings. Customer service was top notch as well.

Rob5589

WKR
Archery Shack, Buck Slayer, and Twisted X have all been good to me. 60X was junk, started coming apart within a few hundred shots. Their CS sucked when contacted, basically said "oh well." But they did offer me free shipping if I bought a new set :rolleyes:

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
hijacking a bit. How long are you finding these strings lasting from the above mentioned manufacturers? I shoot a whole bunch and looking for longevity, if there is such a thing in a bow string.

Thanks

BowhuntingBrune3

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone ever use zebra strings? That’s what my Mathews had stock just seeing if I should stick with stock or go aftermarket?

TBarron

WKR
Anyone ever use zebra strings? That’s what my Mathews had stock just seeing if I should stick with stock or go aftermarket?

I started to notice a lot of stretch on my zebra strings on my Matthews so I replaced them with Gas strings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowhuntingBrune3

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking about getting some vapor trail vtx strings but have no idea what to measure? Do I have to have the strings off the bow? Sorry stupid question but I am just getting into tuning my own bow.