Replacing Battery on Inreach SE

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone replaced battery on the Garmin Inreach SE+? Mine won't charge. Batteries on line are pretty cheap but the Garmin website says could be multiple different causes. I bought a Mini for this fall but don't like it as well as my old eyes can't read the screen without packing my readers. Just curious if anyone has gone the replacement route and how did it turn out?

OP
Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
Wanted to give an update for $35 decided to try a new battery. I bought the replacement kit off of Amazon as I didn't have the right tool to remove the screws to get to the battery. Watched a youtube video before I started on how to do it. Was pretty easy although unseating the battery was a bit of the pita. Also with old eyes was difficult to get the battery plugged back in. After about 20 minutes got it done and plugged it in and everything worked. Saved a $400+ InReach with $35 and about 20 minutes.

11boo

WKR
Good to know. I have a mini that still works great after 6 years, but that battery has got to be near the end of its service life.

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
Newpower99 makes a great replacement battery and it also comes with a tools they do a YouTube video showing how to replace it. Super easy

OP
Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
Also a warning don't forget it and leave it in your pickup truck all summer. Absolutely fries the battery.

ODB

WKR
Wanted to give an update for $35 decided to try a new battery. I bought the replacement kit off of Amazon as I didn't have the right tool to remove the screws to get to the battery. Watched a youtube video before I started on how to do it. Was pretty easy although unseating the battery was a bit of the pita. Also with old eyes was difficult to get the battery plugged back in. After about 20 minutes got it done and plugged it in and everything worked. Saved a $400+ InReach with $35 and about 20 minutes.
Good info - thanks. Mine is luckily still going strong but have wondered about changing it.