Retired in Kentucky with a lot of plans and not enough time.

van zan

FNG
Worked hard. Took care of the family. Paid my bills and laid some money back for the wife. Spent 22 some odd years in the Army and had a successful small business. Got told 1 year ago that I've got myeloma. So WTH. Time to get busy. Sold the biz. Kissed the wife. Spent the last year hiking in Colorado, Kentucky, Tennessee and New Zealand.

Time to hunt. Mostly a solo kind of guy. Like the boonies. White tail, bobcat and yotes here at home. Trained a dog and shot some birds. Hogs in Florida. Spring bear, puma and wolf in Idaho. On the drive back home meeting some friends in Colorado to zap some prairie dogs. Dove in September. Thinking back to Idaho in the fall for some white tail, maybe a muley and work on unfilled tags from the spring. Elk tag here at home. Might try for a Kentucky bear this winter.

Not as interested in the kill as much as the hunt. Like to stay out for a few weeks or so in my tent at the time. Mostly flintlock and bow but will sacrifice and use modern rifle.

It's been a hell of a ride and it ain't over yet.

BBob

WKR
Worked hard. Took care of the family. Paid my bills and laid some money back for the wife. Spent 22 some odd years in the Army and had a successful small business. Got told 1 year ago that I've got myeloma. So WTH. Time to get busy. Sold the biz. Kissed the wife. Spent the last year hiking in Colorado, Kentucky, Tennessee and New Zealand.

Time to hunt. Mostly a solo kind of guy. Like the boonies. White tail, bobcat and yotes here at home. Trained a dog and shot some birds. Hogs in Florida. Spring bear, puma and wolf in Idaho. On the drive back home meeting some friends in Colorado to zap some prairie dogs. Dove in September. Thinking back to Idaho in the fall for some white tail, maybe a muley and work on unfilled tags from the spring. Elk tag here at home. Might try for a Kentucky bear this winter.

Not as interested in the kill as much as the hunt. Like to stay out for a few weeks or so in my tent at the time. Mostly flintlock and bow but will sacrifice and use modern rifle.

It's been a hell of a ride and it ain't over yet.
I truly hope your ride keeps going for a good long time. I have a very close friend with myeloma, we've known each other since our teens. There have been ups and downs but so far he's way outlived the odds and I hope you do to.

I don't have much to offer but I'm in central KY. Be glad to take you out to shoot some wood ducks in September if you'd be interested. I'll say a prayer for you, hope you know Jesus. Be glad to talk to you about that as well. Thank you for your service.

Travis907

WKR
Welcome from Indiana and thanks for your service! Keep your spirits up and your boots on the ground. Sounds like u havecalot of great plans!

OP
V

van zan

FNG
I don't have much to offer but I'm in central KY. Be glad to take you out to shoot some wood ducks in September if you'd be interested. I'll say a prayer for you, hope you know Jesus. Be glad to talk to you about that as well. Thank you for your service.
Once I get the privileges I'll contact you for the conversation.

OP
V

van zan

FNG
It was my honor and privilege to serve the greatest country in the world while in uniform.