Revic BLR10B vs Vortex fury hd 5000

yeti12

FNG
So I have some time behind the fury binos outside and I only have time behind the revic binoculars in a store but I couldn't help but notice how similar the binoculars are. Button layout, specs, etc.

Is there a chance they are the same unit just wrapped up differently and due to the money being spent it's a placebo effect on the glass quality?

If someone has had both units side by side id love to hear your thoughts between them.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
So I have some time behind the fury binos outside and I only have time behind the revic binoculars in a store but I couldn't help but notice how similar the binoculars are. Button layout, specs, etc.

Is there a chance they are the same unit just wrapped up differently and due to the money being spent it's a placebo effect on the glass quality?

If someone has had both units side by side id love to hear your thoughts between them.

Most RF binos do share the same general housing. No, it’s not a placebo effect- the Fury’s have a noticeably worse blue tint, and their clarity is objectify worse- still decent and usable, however the Revic are better.

For me the Revic’s biggest downfalls
Is the lack of pairing with a Kestrel and the proprietary ballistic solver software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Actual wind direction and values.

That doesn’t help you at range. Wind isn’t constant nor is the direction. Wind at the shooter is only a part of it, and a device telling you to hold “x” amount of wind based on your location isn’t going to result in hits.

I know nothing about their software, or support including updates.

The program/software is very good, and therefor I am not sure what updates you would want or need? One of the supposed reasons that the Revics data display is so fast is precisely because of their software.

Gunwerks may be a lot of things, but they are generally pretty solid on LR practical use stuff. I’ve used theirs, and pretty much everyone else’s rangefinders and RF binos, and the Revics are by far the best system for shooting. The only question is longevity, and that remains to be seen.

Carl Ross

Lil-Rokslider
The Revic software is pretty decent. I just set up four profiles in mine off of the 4DOF profiles I’ve been using. I was able to stay within .02 mils of the Hornady with tweaked G7 numbers, everything else the same, to 1200 yds. The wind is actually quite quick to enter on the binos, both direction and velocity, though I’d rarely use that functionality personally.

Having come from a pair of Sig 6k’s that was talking to a kestrel for every range, that’s specifically one of the reasons I wanted to switch. The connection would time out ALL the time, and it would also randomly give me the new range with the last range’s data every once in a while. Not ideal. The friend I sold them to was specifically advised not to rely on that feature. In other ways I was pleasantly surprised by the 6k’s. But both sets of Revic’s I’ve used are far superior…given my limited time with them so far.

To the OP, I have a friend who VERY successfully uses the Fury’s but complains about them too. If my Revic’s continue to impress for a while longer I’ll be recommending he consider them.

OP
Y

yeti12

FNG
Thanks for the replies fellas. Good to know there are some differences between them.

Venatic

FNG
Definitely the Revic are faster in displaying data and I have programmed 6 rifles into mine and verified data against AB app on my phone and they match almost perfectly.
I can’t say the glass in the Revic is any better than the Fury to my eyes

That doesn’t help you at range. Wind isn’t constant nor is the direction. Wind at the shooter is only a part of it, and a device telling you to hold “x” amount of wind based on your location isn’t going to result in hits.

The program/software is very good, and therefor I am not sure what updates you would want or need? One of the supposed reasons that the Revics data display is so fast is precisely because of their software.

Gunwerks may be a lot of things, but they are generally pretty solid on LR practical use stuff. I’ve used theirs, and pretty much everyone else’s rangefinders and RF binos, and the Revics are by far the best system for shooting. The only question is longevity, and that remains to be seen.

Thanks for the feedback.

Another concern for me even though most of the time it’s not a factor in my decision, is the minimal 2 year electronics warranty and 5 year overall mechanical warranty. I would have to say that’s at or near the bottom but at a premium price point.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Thanks for the feedback.

Another concern for me even though most of the time it’s not a factor in my decision, is the minimal 2 year electronics warranty and 5 year overall mechanical warranty. I would have to say that’s at or near the bottom but at a premium price point.

That is true, and I agree. The “lifetime no matter what” guarantees aren’t free, and quite frankly as a whole aren’t really helping anything. However, a solid ten year warranty should be about the minimum.

JGRaider

WKR
Thanks for the feedback.

I agree completely. Sooner or later, with electronics you will need the warranty. I've had units from Leica, Nikon, Sig, and Vortex and have needed service on all of them at least once with the exception of Vortex (going on 2 years using them). I got tired of screwing around and various makers CS so I went Vortex Fury AB. The are more than serviceable.....they are very, very good.

That is true, and I agree. The “lifetime no matter what” guarantees aren’t free, and quite frankly as a whole aren’t really helping anything. However, a solid ten year warranty should be about the minimum.

Agreed. If Revic had a warranty similar to that I would be more inclined to purchase them.

Venatic

FNG

I thought the same and after several weeks of using both side by side and a few different folks looking thru both decided the Revic wasn’t worth the extra money just to get a slightly faster data readout.
Add the difference in warranty and it’s was a pretty easy decision.