Revic BR4 Question

LarsDuck

FNG
I am looking at the BR4 rangefinder. I like that it calculates and provides a shooting solution in MOA. I have used Leica for years but the model I have is range only.
The BR4 I checked out at Sportsman’s Warehouse had a strange finding. When I ranged an object, I was unable to simultaneously focus the distant object and the display. I could individually focus them but not together.
Has anyone else experienced this or was this problem unique to the BR4 I looked at?

OP
L

LarsDuck

FNG
Thank you for the reply.
I did adjust the diopter. The focus discrepancy was just enough to be annoying. I even took the rangefinder outside to rule out the fluorescent lighting. The salesman was not able to simultaneously focus the BR4 either. They only had one in the store and haven’t brought another back in so I haven’t been able to compare with another.
Do you use the BR4? Have you experienced this focusing issue? Or not?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Thank you for the reply.
I did adjust the diopter. The focus discrepancy was just enough to be annoying. I even took the rangefinder outside to rule out the fluorescent lighting. The salesman was not able to simultaneously focus the BR4 either. They only had one in the store and haven’t brought another back in so I haven’t been able to compare with another.
Do you use the BR4? Have you experienced this focusing issue? Or not?

It can happen with of RF’s. It’s not functional and does not hurt performance