Right, left or no helical?

Tilzbow

WKR
As much full right helical as I can get. Helical to stabilize the arrow, especially with FBBH, right because that's the jigs I've got.

Randy Ulmer wrote an article or it might've been a segment on a Bowhunter TV about shooting an arrow without fletch to determine which way the arrow rotated coming off the bow. Once that was determined he'd fletch either right or left helical to match. His theory was this would result in a slightly more accurate arrow. I've tried it with three different bows and all three spin the arrow the same direction as a left helical. Since I don't have a left helical jig I've continued fletching right helical.

OP
Beastmode

Beastmode

WKR
As much full right helical as I can get. Helical to stabilize the arrow, especially with FBBH, right because that's the jigs I've got.

Randy Ulmer wrote an article or it might've been a segment on a Bowhunter TV about shooting an arrow without fletch to determine which way the arrow rotated coming off the bow. Once that was determined he'd fletch either right or left helical to match. His theory was this would result in a slightly more accurate arrow. I've tried it with three different bows and all three spin the arrow the same direction as a left helical. Since I don't have a left helical jig I've continued fletching right helical.

I have always shot right helical. I have been told by a buddy of mine that left has been proven more accurate. With lock rings on broadheads you don't have to worry about the flying off. Thinking about trying left.

I use a right helical and have always had good results since doing so. I did try a left helical and my arrows were all over the place. Not sure why but a buddy said there was too much leftiness with me being a south paw and the arrow spining left. Who knows, maybe the unbelievable stupidity is right.

Left helical is said to be more accuracy. That said I fleth my hunting arrow with a good amount of right and they shoot well out to 60 which is as far as I'm willing to shoot at game. 3d arrows I use a slight offset only.