Rings/base for Tikka t3x stainless 30-06

Archer_32

FNG
Really close to purchasing the above rifle (was considering 300WM but I worry about recoil).

My question, I really like the look and simplicity of the DNZ game reaper ring/mount directly to the tikka. Scope will be Sig's 3.5-10x42 BDX. I think I read a single review that this scope might not work with this ring/mount based on the bluetooth floor plate, can anyone confirm? I have emails out to Sig and DNZ but no responses yet. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

OP
A

Archer_32

FNG
I should mention, I'm looking at the 30mm DNZ low rings.

OP
A

Archer_32

FNG
Just for anyone wondering, I purchased both the DNZ game reaper low and medium single mount and neither worked with the sig sauer bdx scope. As was feared, the bluetooth plate on the scope sits too low for the scope to properly set in the mount/rings. Going to try the warne maxima rings instead.

I had DNZ rings, I won’t have them again.
I'm curious what your experience with the DNZ mount is? I've had 2 of their game reaper mounts (1 in low mounted on a savage and a 30mm medium with 20 moa mounted on a bergara) and I've loved them. I've also only heard great reviews about them, so I'm curious what your experience with them has been.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I'm curious what your experience with the DNZ mount is? I've had 2 of their game reaper mounts (1 in low mounted on a savage and a 30mm medium with 20 moa mounted on a bergara) and I've loved them. I've also only heard great reviews about them, so I'm curious what your experience with them has been.

I just think people get obsessed with those one piece versions not realizing that it limits their mounting options and makes their fun look
Strange while not really providing any benefit. By the time you go to the hunt master rings, I’d just as well use talley lightweights.

I’m also not a fan of how eve their hunt master rings aren’t reversible on certain guns. I had a m70, in order to get the scope the way I wanted I had to reverse the front ring and it hung out over the barrel off the receiver by like 1/4 inch, I couldn’t live with it.

there was a time I wanted to love the DNZ stuff but now I have a box of them and have never been able to sell them even when asking peanuts for them.

I've used Talley's on several and just recently ordered the SportsMatch rings. I think I might switch out my Talley's in the future. The Sportsmatch are very nice and seem like a more solid setup.

I just think people get obsessed with those one piece versions not realizing that it limits their mounting options and makes their fun look
Strange while not really providing any benefit. By the time you go to the hunt master rings, I’d just as well use talley lightweights.

I’m also not a fan of how eve their hunt master rings aren’t reversible on certain guns. I had a m70, in order to get the scope the way I wanted I had to reverse the front ring and it hung out over the barrel off the receiver by like 1/4 inch, I couldn’t live with it.

there was a time I wanted to love the DNZ stuff but now I have a box of them and have never been able to sell them even when asking peanuts for them.
I gotcha. Hope you found what worked for you. Thanks for the response and good to know. I just know they work for me and I like the way they look, so I will continue to use them, but I know everyone has their preferences.

Cheers

For a Tikka, I've had pretty good luck with the DNZ rings - only ever tried their 2 piece ring/bases that look like a beefier version of the Talley Lwt's. Think its their Game Reaper 2 rings. I had a set of the lows for a Leupold VX3 scope and liked it. I did end up changing to the Sportsmatch 30MM rings though which I also like if going to a 30MM scope.

Here are how the DNZ looked - they certainly where beefy enough:)
413447220.jpg

I gotcha. Hope you found what worked for you. Thanks for the response and good to know. I just know they work for me and I like the way they look, so I will continue to use them, but I know everyone has their preferences.

Cheers

Not to hijack the thread but I have two DNZ mounts. One on a tikka and one on a 30/30. The one-piece can be a little limiting on scope position. I have also read a few recent threads about rings being misaligned enough to undermine performance.

To the OP - I recently helped a buddy kit his tikka put with Talleys. Rock solid and lightweight. I will be going Talley for my next build.

Not to hijack the thread but I have two DNZ mounts. One on a tikka and one on a 30/30. The one-piece can be a little limiting on scope position. I have also read a few recent threads about rings being misaligned enough to undermine performance.

To the OP - I recently helped a buddy kit his tikka put with Talleys. Rock solid and lightweight. I will be going Talley for my next build.
Maybe I have to reconsider my future purchases and look into the Talleys. Thanks for the info!

dv808

FNG
I'm using a Murphy Precision 20MOA rail with Nightforce Ultralight Low rings to mount a Leupold VX6 onto my stainless T3x in 6.5CM.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going with the 7075 Leupold BackCountry 20MOA pic rail with Seekins low rings. Did the same on a Browning and I didn't have a thing to complain about.