Rip Hunting DVD Collection to Hard Drive

Johnboy

WKR
Howdy, folks. I have an enormous collection of hunting DVDs (100+) that I'd like to store on a hard drive of sorts so I can get rid of the original discs and save a bunch of physical space. Ideally, the video files would be transferred to an external hard drive while retaining the original menus/chapters, etc from the original format. And as a bonus, perhaps the resulting format could be played on a normal TV either by wireless or wired connection in a similar way as the original DVD. If anyone here has successfully done something like this and would be willing to share the method and required hardware, software, etc, I'd sincerely appreciate the guidance.

Thank you!

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
i've done this in the past for some friends, not sure if this will meet your needs, but one of the easiest and the one they liked was a program called makemkv. the ripped everything to a hard drive, then we threw those files onto a server that streams the videos accordingly. those servers could be Plex or Emby or jellyfin. That process seemed to be pretty easy for them as they now have about 100 dvd's there for viewing

hope that helps

I have used MakeMKV but prefer AnyDVD HD it works very good. Keep in mind we are talking DVD and not Blue-Ray. You can do those but it is more involved process. Standard DVD's is a snap with AnyDVD.