Ripped Off On Gun Broker Purchase?

Axlrod

WKR
That seems to be the question of the day. If my FFL could hold on to the piece indefinitely until we could iron out the why I'd be good with that but with the strict NJ laws about having to book in a weapon with the documented info with proof of where it came from it's a major problem.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
If you don't have a return address, who is your FFL going to ship it to?

OP
SteveCNJ

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Did you search for him on Facebook or other social media ?
I did, sent a FB message to him, a woman who may be a sister or wife and a person who may be his adult son. Not even a response to whether he is alright or not.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How long has the no contact been? Is this like 1-2 days or week(s)?

In general I don't see how this is a rip off scam or something, just someone that either isn't reachable on short notice or doesn't appreciate the predicament this is causing.

tntrker

WKR
If the phone was the only issue I wouldn't be posting anything on this but no response to emails, no return address on the package the gun was delivered in and seemingly a tracking number that seems erroneous. My flags are raised.

I was by no means suggesting anything other than the phone may have been turned off. I'm sure you have done and will do anything possible. Sorry you're having to go thru this..

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I also remember a time when 2A wasn't about hunting....

That time is today, yesterday, and tomorrow, and so on. The 2A has never been about hunting.

I've been known to have trips out of the country and shipped whatever needed to be shipped the day before I left, and was unreachable for a couple weeks. I'm surprised that Fedex doesn't recognize their own shipping numbers. Was it indeed Fedex that actually delivered the package?

Labdad

FNG
That time is today, yesterday, and tomorrow, and so on. The 2A has never been about hunting.

You missed my point.

How many objections to gun bills today have the right to hunt as a theme instead of your last stand against tyranny as the objection to legislation?

A lot of hunters are willing to give up certain firearms as long as it doesn't affect their hunting.

101.6 million hunters

5 million NRA members

Like the NRA or not they are the largest pro 2A lobby we have. Imagine the clot if every gun owner was a member.

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
How many objections to gun bills today have the right to hunt as a theme instead of your last stand against tyranny as the objection to legislation?

"A lot of hunters are willing to give up certain firearms as long as it doesn't affect their hunting".

The problem with that though is once the Antis get their foot in the door they will keep going. They are never going to be satisfied and we know it. I apologize for the slight derail of the thread.

davsco

WKR
yeah doubt he'd ship the gun if it was a scam. presumably he's out of town or something, i'd just ask the ffl to hang tight for a bit.

also, while some states may mandate, not aware of any fed regs where handguns have to be shipped from a ffl and not a private citizen. of course they have to be shipped to a ffl either way.

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
Preaching to the choir.

Copy that. When someone nonchalantly drops "A lot of hunters are willing to give up certain firearms as long as it doesn't affect their hunting". That statement does not include anyone I know and I never assume the "Choir" are paying attention.

OP
SteveCNJ

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
I appreciate everyone's feedback.

I'm not sure why he went dark and probably will never know, but after finding his profile on FB and looking through his friends I found two family members who I sent detailed messages to. They must have motivated him to finally reach out to the FFL later today around the close of business and provided his DL. Thankfully this fiasco is over.

Bobbyboe

WKR

I'm not sure why he went dark and probably will never know, but after finding his profile on FB and looking through his friends I found two family members who I sent detailed messages to. They must have motivated him to finally reach out to the FFL later today around the close of business and provided his DL. Thankfully this fiasco is over.

Glad it worked out. Did you ever run his name to check for criminal history?

tdhanses

WKR

“He Persisted”