River Country trekking tent

Has anyone ever used the trekking tipi tent by River Country? Looks like a decent tent for the price. First time using a floorless tent. It does have a floor and net for half of it I guess
5870f049af8912962aee468a5482baf2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Harvey_NW

WKR
I recently bought the 2 man and have yet to use it but the construction feels pretty solid. Lots of reviews saying they are great products, worst thing is they might leak a little bit and need a few $ worth of seam sealer but I couldn't help but try for the price!

aion2come

WKR
Just a couple of observations based on photos you showed. It appears to be a single wall. The tie outs don't create much vertical space toward the bottom. Depending on where you go, that could mean condensation build up inside and a wet head or feet and a wet sleeping bag. Hopefully not an issue, but buying a single wall tent means you have to look at some of the moisture issues and how that may affect you.

Not much help here either on the tipi . I bought the trekker 2.2 tent and have only slept in the backyard a couple times with it..once earlier in the spring low around 40 and more recently with a low around 60. I'm hoping it does what's necessary this fall in Wyoming. Based on others experience I believe it will. Just depends on your expectations I think.

Raghornkiller

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with the tipi but I used the 2 man last year and after 3 days I hiked out six miles drove 2 hours to town and bought a different tent.the top of the river country was only a couple of inches from my face and there was so much condensation build up that every time the wind blew I got a shower.the tent was so small I could barely change clothes inside which was ok when it was dry but completely miserable when it was wet.i ended up burning mine and my new one had plenty of ventilation

Was that the 2.2 version? I know many others spoke of condensation issues but didn't necessarily experience that for myself. Apologies to the OP not trying to hijack the post but may well be relevant to original inquiry.

I love mine, used it on a February Aoudad hunt this year and it performed great. I'm 6'0" and fit nicely, the side walls toward your head and feet do get a little "touchy" though. I didn't have much issue with condensation, there's a small vent on the opposite side of the vestibule towards the bottom, if you keep that open there's a descent amount of airflow. The vestibule is an awesome size, I was able to dump my bag of camp gear, leave boots and backpack in there during the night. Overall for the weight, and cost I don't think you can go wrong. For what its worth I seam sealed all seams and hit it with a coat of waterproofing spray just to be on the safe side.

Attachments

• IMG_1116.jpg
    IMG_1116.jpg
    580.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 57135036495__0D413D6E-164B-4805-80E3-3F40C959FC32.JPG
    57135036495__0D413D6E-164B-4805-80E3-3F40C959FC32.JPG
    615.8 KB · Views: 69

CMF

WKR
I have the 2 person 2.2. Seems good for the price, but I'm new to backpack gear. We only slept one night in it so far. The side lines don't really open the side vents up much so we added loops and guy lines about 6 to 8" from each end to help hold open the side vents. We'll try it again in a few weeks in New Mexico.

OP
D
Thanking guys just got mine in last week. Easy setup and has enough room. I do plan on sealing it up before it hits the tail

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

CMF

WKR
Here's the pics with the mods we did to open the vents up. I planned to tie them back to the one side stake, but had rocks around so i used them and it actually worked better pulling the front one a little forward.109357

CMF

WKR
So, update after spending some additional nights in this tent. we had a thunderstorm move in on us around 1 am with some heavy rain and the tent didn't hold up so well. We got pretty wet. I'm not sure if it leaked at the seam on the peak or came through the fabric itself or how much splashed through the lower vents. Our quilts were wet and there was a good size puddle at the lower end when we woke up. Luckily my wife stayed back to dry out camp while I hunted that morning and we were able to stay another night on the Mountain124816