WTS/WTT Robertsonscoot SCAMMER

Sarinder

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch out for Robertsonscoot scammed me out of $750!!!! Do not send him money, pretends to be a law enforcement officer
So for full clarification, after I’ve been accused of being a scammer as well because I’m new here, I commented on a firearm that was posted in the classifieds, (it was pending sale) then Robertsonscoot sent me a private message with a very similar item, we talked back and forth for a little bit, we agreed on a price, I sent the payment through PayPal friends and family as I’ve done to other members in here such as BjornF16, in which he can vouch for me, He’s been in here a while and I’ve purchased 3 pretty expensive rifles from him within 2 weeks. So after sending first payment I asked if he had any ammo he may would be interested in getting rid of as well, he said yes, and I sent a separate payment for it, after the deal he would text randomly so something started to seem sketchy, I googled the items that I purchased and the photos he had sent were off other sites such as gunsamerica and other places dating back to 2018. I’m not here to scam anyone, I work an honest living and have never made a post in here to sale, only use this to purchase stuff, and trying to avoid seeing someone else get scammed like I did is all. Hopefully this clears things up.

Attachments

• A379AE11-997C-4BA0-819A-0765CD6FAE9C.png
    A379AE11-997C-4BA0-819A-0765CD6FAE9C.png
    289.7 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

Wvroach

WKR
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Is the scammer posting messages of a scammer to not seem quite as scammy? This just seems really odd. 6 post and a cell phone conversation to buy something?

How are you posting in the classifieds with only 6 post?

OP
S

Sarinder

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I commented on a firearm that was posted for sale on another post, it had sold. This guy sends me a message with a similar at a fair price, I sent him payment through PayPal using friends and family, seemed like a legitimate person, then I asked if he may have some ammo he’d like to sell, he said yes he had 25 boxes (which I thought was strange) he said he had purchased a lot of it when ammo had gotten hard to get, i could understand that. So after sending him payment for both something didn’t seem right, I typed in the items that I purchased on google and the ammo and firearm photos on google are the exact ones he had sent me
Theres alot left to this story. What happened and did you use Paypal G&S?

OP
S

Sarinder

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I commented on a firearm that was posted for sale on another post, it had sold. This guy sends me a message with a similar at a fair price, I sent him payment through PayPal using friends and family, seemed like a legitimate person, then I asked if he may have some ammo he’d like to sell, he said yes he had 25 boxes (which I thought was strange) he said he had purchased a lot of it when ammo had gotten hard to get, i could understand that. So after sending him payment for both something didn’t seem right, googled the items and the photos on google were of the stuff he had sent.
Is the scammer posting messages of a scammer to not seem quite as scammy? This just seems really odd. 6 post and a cell phone conversation to buy something?

How are you posting in the classifieds with only 6 post?
Read post above, I edited it with full story. Im not here to scam anyone, hopefully that clears everything up.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
No sir, probably not, I would just hate to see it happen to someone else if it can be avoided
We appreciate the heads up! It’s also helpful to report a post as it gets the attention of admin/moderators quicker. I only came across this as I looked at “new posts”, thankfully he was already banned but still sucks that this happened to you.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Robertsonscoop also messaged me yesterday trying to sell me Hornady Precision Hunter 162 ELD-X 7mm rem mag ammo after I commented on another poster’s listing that I wanted to buy it. Luckily I never saw the “offer” until tonight when he was already banned.

Wvroach

WKR
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
There’s an account upgrade fee that new members can pay for instant access to the classifieds.
Good to know, I knew about the $50 fee you could pay but I assumed that gave you the "classified approved" badge I've seen on some usernames.

OCHO505

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Either way nearly every member on here is requesting F&F. Add the PayPal fee yourself if your worried about it or build it in to the price instead of asking other members to give up and protection if your good seller IMO. The time you don't think it will matter it will. Or use Venmo.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Either way nearly every member on here is requesting F&F. Add the PayPal fee yourself if your worried about it or build it in to the price instead of asking other members to give up and protection if your good seller IMO. The time you don't think it will matter it will. Or use Venmo.
Has nothing to do with being a good seller. Has to do with the 600 dollar max for goods and services and the tax implications.

atmat

WKR
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
He tried to scam me as well on a pair of binos. I knew it was a lie when he refused to meet me locally.

Additionally, anyone who asks to immediately take the conversation offline, or offers to show their drivers license, is likely a scammer. In this case, the license he was showing was already an expired license — easy to see it was a fraud.