Rokslide 2022 Weight Loss Thread

zacattack

WKR
In this. Last April I was 170ish. Kid 2 arrived mid April. Tonight I weighed in at 199.6. I just turned 39 and roughly 6’2”.

Super tag

WKR
I’ll share this simple plan. It works.
In 2016 I lost 65 lbs. I went on an all organic diet.

I cut out ALL sugar, gluten, fat and red meat for six months. No exercise plan, simple diet. Discipline. Straight cold turkey. No cheese, milk, no fat I drank coconut and almond milk.

Cholesterol and triglycerides dropped to normal. Pretty nice to wear size 32 waist again. Best sleep in years, don’t get sick, no sore joints.

Slowly I introduced regular portions of things I like occasionally, keeping it organic, and now am more balanced, of course I cheat occasionally, but I haven’t gained back more than 5 lbs off and on seasonally for five years, held the weight.

I’m in great shape, exercise, active etc. can out hike most guys 20 years younger than I am with full gear.

It was very hard for about 2 months, I stuck to it, didn’t cheat even once, and in the 3rd month the weight just fell off. It feels great.

There are a lot of great foods to learn about that are healthy, and because your eating whole food you eat less, and have more energy.
It’s amazing, go for it.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
I will jump back in this year. 270quest I played along most of last year.

I dropped 30lbs in 2021 but since the end of elk season I have put 20lbs back on. I got down to 225 during elk season last year but battled some significant back/sciatica issues for several months spring/summer.

I will turn 49 in March.
6' and currently 246lbs as of today.
Goal is 220 lbs or under by September.

I know what I need to do:

I have started on cleaning up diet. Started back on my salad/veggie and protein meals. (got lots of elk to eat!)
Get control of my #1 vice (booze). Goal of a dry February and see where it goes from there.
Using my c-pap consistently and getting 7+ hours sleep per night.
Continue intermittent fasting. Add in some 24 hour intervals.
Reduce stress (found this is a big one for me)
Adding more low intensity cardio (hiking/walking)
Continue my lifting schedule (Stronglifts type program)
Get back to my rope jumping workouts

Cheers!

About years ago I managed to get up to 295lbs and even at 6’ 4” was ridiculous. The thought of hitting 300 was too much and I really wanted to spend more time hunting on foot and with backpack hunting the goal. I started with my fitness pal and it was working but not good enough for me and then I stumbled onto a documentary about paleo eating. I realized that it was mostly eating the stuff I like the most, meat and vegetables and not eating stuff I didn’t care too much about. I lost 100 lbs at almost exactly a year into it. I started lifting weights and hiking regularly and since have been consistently at 225, a little less before hunting seasons when I tend to spend more time on the stair machine. I don’t have cheat days because I am perfectly happy with what I eat so relapse hasn’t been an issue. I’d say I’m into the paleo thing about 80% I don’t scrutinize every single thing, like if someone offers me some homemade sausage at a bbq that probably has some sugar in it I eat it but I don’t stray far. I also enjoy my beers and bourbon and that probably wouldn’t hurt to cut it out, but I figure I’m good with what I’m doing. It definitely is a lifestyle change, but well worth a little extra effort.

*zap*

WKR
I have, and successfully lost 30+ pounds. In the end, it wasn't sustainable because I started lifting again and craved carbs.
Try having a cliff energy bar before strength training and maybe a small one 1/3 of the way thru that session. You may be depleting your stored glucose and craving carbs to re-fill it....

The ingredients of cliff energy bars, while not ideal for nutrition, are very good at providing short term energy and when used that way the sugars and carbs are used up fast so it is not really bad for your nutrition plan....it would be different used as a snack while your sedentary.

I think we need to be aware of depleting our stored glucose while trying to loose body fat...

mtblackdog

Lil-Rokslider
Ahh hell Ill play. 51 years old 5'11 260 at physical in Dec. Im active but love my sweets and bourbon. I bounce weight like a yoyo. I need to get to sub 220. Im muscular for 51. 210 Im pretty cut and can do 20 milers. But 260 is getting ridiculous and hard on me.

Attachments

• EE74B148-99DF-44EA-B5E8-3E845C38504E.jpeg
    EE74B148-99DF-44EA-B5E8-3E845C38504E.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 38
I'll join in... 45 years old. 5'11" and 280ish kinda scared to look at scale again. I'm gonna start with Intermittent Fasting , lots of stretching and some light cardio for a couple months and cut out all the crap food! Seems to produce weight loss results for me as well as helps my old joints feel better. From there I'll pick up on weight training with kettle bells and weighted Rucking.

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider
32, 5'8" 225ish

Used to Back Squat 1RM 365, Front Squat 1RM 295, Dead 1RM 385, Bench 1RM 235, Snatch 1RM 180, Clean and Jerk 1RM 235, Clean 1RM 255

Looking to get back to that fitness and down to 200 +- a few

At one point in time I paid a dude on the net for a meal plan and made it to 182lbs in a healthy way, hoping to get back to a good nutrition discipline as well.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
I'm jumping in on this. I need to keep my weight loss sustainable and put focus into maintaining once I drop weight. I lost 35 pounds in the first half of 2021 and put about 20 pounds back on by the end of the year.

Current stats: 30, 6'0", 226 as of this morning.
Goal Weight: 195 - I graduated high school at 180 and was a twig. I'm hoping to add some muscle as well. We'll see where I end up.

Diet plan is a loose carnivore until my goal weight. I did this in 2021 and never felt better eating red meat, bacon, sausage, eggs, butter, and some dairy. I usually eat 1-2 meals a day. My one meal is typically 1 pound of 73/27 ground beef with 4 over easy eggs and some butter. If I need a snack, I'll make sure to have some pre-sliced ham, lunch meat, or cheese. I say loose carnivore because I still eat hot sauce, drink coffee, and will usually go low carb for a meal if we go out for dinner.

Exercise plan is hitting the gym in the morning to run through a simplified Wendler 5/3/1. Monday is Squat/Power Clean, Tuesday is Press/Dips, Wednesday is a recovery/stretch/light cardio day, Thursday is Deadlift and Front Squat, Friday is Bench and Chin ups. Since I don't have any hunts planned in the fall, I've been mountain biking in the evenings and will switch to hiking/rucking once we get closer to the season.

Finally had the balls to jump on the scale...285 😔
I don't have an exact target weight but I know I need to drop 50 pounds and then evaluate how I'm feeling. From there I'll go 5-10 pound goals until I feel great about it.

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm jumping in on this. I need to keep my weight loss sustainable and put focus into maintaining once I drop weight. I lost 35 pounds in the first half of 2021 and put about 20 pounds back on by the end of the year.

Current stats: 30, 6'0", 226 as of this morning.
Goal Weight: 195 - I graduated high school at 180 and was a twig. I'm hoping to add some muscle as well. We'll see where I end up.

Diet plan is a loose carnivore until my goal weight. I did this in 2021 and never felt better eating red meat, bacon, sausage, eggs, butter, and some dairy. I usually eat 1-2 meals a day. My one meal is typically 1 pound of 73/27 ground beef with 4 over easy eggs and some butter. If I need a snack, I'll make sure to have some pre-sliced ham, lunch meat, or cheese. I say loose carnivore because I still eat hot sauce, drink coffee, and will usually go low carb for a meal if we go out for dinner.

Exercise plan is hitting the gym in the morning to run through a simplified Wendler 5/3/1. Monday is Squat/Power Clean, Tuesday is Press/Dips, Wednesday is a recovery/stretch/light cardio day, Thursday is Deadlift and Front Squat, Friday is Bench and Chin ups. Since I don't have any hunts planned in the fall, I've been mountain biking in the evenings and will switch to hiking/rucking once we get closer to the season.
Thanks for posting, That's the kind of meal ideas I'm looking for. 600lbs of beef in the freezer + deer, loose carnivore is what I plan on doing.

I'll jump in on this. I'm 37 5'9" and weigh 205 as of this morning and want to get down to about 175. Every year I say this hunting season will get me in shape, well I hunt less and less every year because it's just not enjoyable going up and down the hills out of shape so I never get "in shape". I've never done a diet before so any advice would be great on what works and what is not a realistic life style. Looking at the different types I've kind of settled on the intermittent fasting mainly because it seams the easiest to stick to with my lifestyle and cut out all the gas station burritos and fast food I usually eat on the daily.

Here is what I've done in the past that works for me. I cut all processed foods like white flour, sugar fake cheese , crackers, white bread, chips, soda and Alcohol. I do intermittent fasting , with those things all being off limits. I eat from 4pm -8pm. I eat what ever I want as long as it a whole food ,not processed. I try to stick to large amounts of veggies steamed or sauteed in EVOO or avacado oil and meat. I eat until I'm full , it usually ends up being 1500-2000 calories. Then I only drink water from 8pm- 4pm. Intermittent fasting gets all the numbers right that make my Dr happy. And it's amazing if you can keep carbs to 100 or less how much better you feel. I have lost 30# in 2 months this way and felt great the whole time ...after initial cravings go away.
It's BBQ season that seems to get me every summer. I'm gonna figure that out this time.

Bloodsoakedberber

Lil-Rokslider
I got a 2 month head start but I was 189.X last night and was around 206 in October. Started lifting once a week in September and have been at 3x a week since December. My goal was 180 lbs but am less concerned with actual weight and more with overall fitness. It was pretty poor for nearly all of 2021.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
Checking in today. I'm at 223.8 pounds. Feeling good, but need to make it through the weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

One Day at a time. I wake up in the morning and tell myself I just have to stick to the plan today. I think that's where I have screwed up in the past. I get to looking too far ahead. This time it's one day at a time and only gonna weigh in monthly. I'm using Samsung health to track everything that I eat. One day at a time!!

bradb

WKR
Sure I will jump on. Refinanced my house to do a Stone sheep hunt in Sept, so I have a good focus and want to do everything I can to be ready. 5'7 about 220 most of the last year. Started being better mid Nov and really into it mid Dec. At 195 now, about the weight I did my Dall hunt at, but in better shape right now. Have been doing Mt tough workouts in the morning and on the bike at night. Down about 6% body fat. Really think I can be under 150 for the stone hunt

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
Down to 255.1 this morning for my weekly weigh in…my diet was not as good as it could have been this week but still down 3 pounds.

Goal is to hit 250 for next Friday weigh in…need to be a little better on food/drink this week.

Matt G.

WKR
Although I don't have a mountain hunt this year, I would like to keep the commitment to continue in the future. I have a young family and busy life like the rest of you and it is very easy to grab the processed food because in general it is quicker and easier.

I am 42 5'11 205 lbs. Last Jan '21 I was closer to 220. Time to move to 190! And quit the sweets (Crack for me).

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk