Rokslide hiking trip

I'm in Wenatchee and would be up for it! There's some decent places to go around here but I wouldn't mind traveling a bit.

Tell you one thing I'd be more excited for a get together with this group vs others from other sites I'm part of. ;)

Mike

I'm interested, depending on dates and location. I know that Justin, Brocka and I all live in the same town, so we could carpool.

I think there is 5 or 6 of us who live in the area. Should be able to make it a cheap drive!

I would be up for a trip and around Wenatchee sounds great. I believe the high lakes/streams open about June 2nd?

I would be up for a trip and around Wenatchee sounds great. I believe the high lakes/streams open about June 2nd?

Should be about right for some of the lower lakes especially this year. I'd be down for maybe trying to get into an area where we can do both fishing and glassing if people are bringing any optics!

Mike

7mag.

WKR
We would have more options if we wait until July. Plus, there would be more antler growth as well. My calender is more open then too.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I pretty much do some sort of hike every weekend starting here soon except for a few that are booked up. I was going to start a thread in the fitness section posting where I was going to go and then whoever wanted to join could. But as far as this one goes early June sounds good.

7mag.

WKR
I pretty much do some sort of hike every weekend starting here soon except for a few that are booked up. I was going to start a thread in the fitness section posting where I was going to go and then whoever wanted to join could. But as far as this one goes early June sounds good.

I have been meaning to tell you, watch out for Mt. Peak, there has been some break ins in broad daylight, lately.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What does everyone think about making a section for a Rokslide get-together?

We could announce anything from camping trips, fishing trips and general gatherings.

Whenever the snow melts, we will get something going in Colorado for sure.

I have been meaning to tell you, watch out for Mt. Peak, there has been some break ins in broad daylight, lately.

I also keep my alarm on, and my pistol in my pocket. I never hike there without protection. That being said, most of the break ins happen in the morning.

7mag.

WKR

We could announce anything from camping trips, fishing trips and general gatherings.

That's a good idea. Every one on here seems pretty cool, I would like to meet more of you.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think that's an awesome idea. I hiked just about every weekend last summer and the majority of them were solo. Would love to have some company!

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member

I have heard about that! Thanks for the heads up. I made a point to not keep anything in my truck when I go. I also hike with my concealed. Just waiting for the day i catch one of those tweakers.

littlebuf

Banned
im looking for an excuse to go back up chatter creek. last time I was up there I got chased out by lightning (just before al the fires last year) that could be a good over nighter. see if we can make it to timothy meadows form there with the snow, then loop back around the top of lake flora. real dependent on snow levels there though. last june I couldn't even get to the bypass

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
im looking for an excuse to go back up chatter creek. last time I was up there I got chased out by lightning (just before al the fires last year) that could be a good over nighter. see if we can make it to timothy meadows form there with the snow, then loop back around the top of lake flora. real dependent on snow levels there though. last june I couldn't even get to the bypass

I wasn't able to get into there until August last year.

Should be about right for some of the lower lakes especially this year. I'd be down for maybe trying to get into an area where we can do both fishing and glassing if people are bringing any optics!

Mike
I like it, what a awesome way to compare glass outside of the store!

Great idea! Have people post the state in the title if you do start a new section.