Rucking weight?

180ls1

WKR
I feel like rucking will actually serve almost as a break from running every single day.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it could be but its pretty dependent on the type of running. From sprints? yeah. A zone 2 jog? no.

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
I am blessed to have been doing serious core exercises three times a week for about two months now, four months after my most recent surgery, to help prevent another back surgery. Core training has helped me significantly as I have always had strong legs and decent upper body but my core was like a wet noodle which, IMO, contributed to years of back pain and now consequences. I started with 40#s in Feb. and March and now I am rucking with 50 #s this month 4-5 miles and working up 10 #s a month until I reach 70 #s again. The first Saturday of each month is a struggle to maintian sub 15 minute miles but after four Saturday hikes I am back between 14-15 minute miles while trying to maintain 160 or so heart rate. My last .25 mile back to my house is up hill so my HR reaches 174. This will lower back to upper 150s-lower 160s in a month or two of constant training. I ruck for cardio and leg strength but I think a person needs to feel the heavy weight of the pack on their shoulders a least a few hikes before the hunt starts or you'll be hurting bad. I'll do a couple 80-100 # rucks before hunting season starts but less miles just to see what my limits are. As a bonus, I find strenuous rucks to help my mental state a lot, helps me refocus my mind, especially at 53 years old. I know the unit I'll probably be hunting this year so I need to be in better shape before October, lol. Happy rucking everyone!

grfox92

WKR
Yeah, it could be but its pretty dependent on the type of running. From sprints? yeah. A zone 2 jog? no.
So you think a weighted ruck is equivalent to jogging?

180ls1

WKR
So you think a weighted ruck is equivalent to jogging?

Its probably in the ballpark but really depends on the jog, how you ruck and how well adapted to those activities.

I know when I started rucking my squats suffered significantly. Because I don't jog I am sure that would be very taxing on me as well as well as a lot of guys who blow up on a 10 min run.

However, if a guy is a life long jogger for exercise and does not "get after it" on his jogs. Slow enough to nose breathe only. I would presume jogging is probably easier on him than rucking.