Ruger American Ranch Gen II Bell and Carlson

PC356

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Can confirm Bell and Carlson’s Sporter stock and AICS bottom metal kit do fit the Gen II RAs if anyone was wondering. Worked out to about 7.5 lbs empty mag with a Burris 3-12x42, excluding Magpul bipod weight. Action on this .300 BO version is waay slicker than my Gen 1s, no zipper sound…

Attachments

• IMG_0637.jpeg
    IMG_0637.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Ok thanks I found it on their site. The target stock is appealing but it’s 3.5lbs and the stock and bottom metal is $625 before tax and shipping which is more than the rifle delivered to my dealer.

I really want to give one of these a try but by time I replace the crappy stock and trigger with something I’ll like I’ll be $1400+ into the thing and could just buy another Seekins Havak for $200 more.

OP
P

PC356

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Ok thanks I found it on their site. The target stock is appealing but it’s 3.5lbs and the stock and bottom metal is $625 before tax and shipping which is more than the rifle delivered to my dealer.

I really want to give one of these a try but by time I replace the crappy stock and trigger with something I’ll like I’ll be $1400+ into the thing and could just buy another Seekins Havak for $200 more.
I absolutely hear ya. I had this stock leftover laying around from a failed 6.5 Grendel RAR project. Figured I’d just see if the newer Gen actions fit. Would make more sense if someone was just looking to upgrade a rifle they already had a while than to piece all this together from the start.

I absolutely hear ya. I had this stock leftover laying around from a failed 6.5 Grendel RAR project. Figured I’d just see if the newer Gen actions fit. Would make more sense if someone was just looking to upgrade a rifle they already had a while than to piece all this together from the start.

Yeah for sure. Thanks for confirming fitment, I’d say if this fits others probably will too. You’re the first person I’ve seen an account of fitting a stock to one of these to see if it works. I couldn’t even get any information out of several manufacturers who make stocks/chassis for gen 1’s as to whether they’d fit.

One of these in a Magpul stock might fit the bill for what I’m looking for. They can be had for around $200 with the magwell.